









So this post is a little late and after I was doing so well keeping up with everything. I am at work right now and have a few minutes to write this down. It was a pretty good night. Josh and McKendry slept in one of the basement rooms because Kenny had a cough and we didn't want her to wake Connor up. Connor woke up a little after seven and I had to eventually go down and tell McKendry that Santa had come and wake her up. We have this tradition were we all would sleep upstairs in the same room and then when it came time to go downstairs we would go single file down the stairs with our eyes closed and then my parents would take pictures of us. I should try to find them and post some. Well we did this and McKendry was pretty excited to see all the presents. She wanted to open all her presents at once and didn't really want to wait for anyone else to have a turn. Connor and McKendry got some really fun stuff. I did save the kitchen for last and I think she was a little presented out by that time because I didn't really get the reaction that I was expecting but it was still a good one. My parents gave her a little BBQ to go with it. She also got some barbies and a barbie car, clothes, a race track and I can't remember what else. Connor got a Fisher Price little people farm and a John Deer tractor from Grandma and Grandpa Mecham and an animal train from Santa. Kenny ended up playing with his toys more then he did.
We have another tradition turning over the blocks on my mom's advent calendar. Josh doesn't understand this tradition and why we still care who gets to turn the block over. He gives my family alot of grief over it but I think he does it now just to get a reaction out of us. One year he turned all the days over when it was the middle of the month. This year there was a note taped to the calendar that said that number 25 had been stolen and we would have to go on a treasure hunt to find it. My sister Gentry and McKendry followed about six clues all over the house to find it. Josh had put it at the top of the Christmas tree. It was pretty funny. And the best part is my mom had my Uncle Ted make me an advent calendar and now she just has to paint it!! I am so excited to start this tradition with my kids and try to defend it from their father. My parents also had Ted make us a bookshelf. I have wanted one for a long time and I love it. I wish I had a house to put it it. I guess I am getting things now that I can put in a house.
After we finished opening presents we had a good breakfast and then played my favorite card game Phase Ten! After my dad started to use naughty words because he was losing and couldn't get past a phase that he had been stuck on we all went downstairs and watched The Ultimate Gift. I had heard that this was a really good movie and it was. I would really recommend it to everyone. Then we had a good dinner followed by a nap and then more games when my Uncle Shane and Aunt Camille came over. It was a really good day filled with family, food and fun. The next day we packed up and came home. I have had to work the last three days so Josh has had to be the one to unpack the mess. He is such a great dad and husband. I will be adding pictures to this hopefully tomorrow so check back and look at old post because I will put pictures with them so they will be in order....
We have another tradition turning over the blocks on my mom's advent calendar. Josh doesn't understand this tradition and why we still care who gets to turn the block over. He gives my family alot of grief over it but I think he does it now just to get a reaction out of us. One year he turned all the days over when it was the middle of the month. This year there was a note taped to the calendar that said that number 25 had been stolen and we would have to go on a treasure hunt to find it. My sister Gentry and McKendry followed about six clues all over the house to find it. Josh had put it at the top of the Christmas tree. It was pretty funny. And the best part is my mom had my Uncle Ted make me an advent calendar and now she just has to paint it!! I am so excited to start this tradition with my kids and try to defend it from their father. My parents also had Ted make us a bookshelf. I have wanted one for a long time and I love it. I wish I had a house to put it it. I guess I am getting things now that I can put in a house.
After we finished opening presents we had a good breakfast and then played my favorite card game Phase Ten! After my dad started to use naughty words because he was losing and couldn't get past a phase that he had been stuck on we all went downstairs and watched The Ultimate Gift. I had heard that this was a really good movie and it was. I would really recommend it to everyone. Then we had a good dinner followed by a nap and then more games when my Uncle Shane and Aunt Camille came over. It was a really good day filled with family, food and fun. The next day we packed up and came home. I have had to work the last three days so Josh has had to be the one to unpack the mess. He is such a great dad and husband. I will be adding pictures to this hopefully tomorrow so check back and look at old post because I will put pictures with them so they will be in order....
Sounds like Christmas morning was so exciting! I love phase ten and it is SOOOO frustrating when you're stuck on a phase, so I don't blame your dad for getting a little upset. Can't wait to see the pictures....
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun time. I love how many family traditions you guys have. My family is the same and it is kind of hard for the new-comers to understand. Good luck with your own advent calendar.
ReplyDeleteJess! I am SO new to the blog world and am definitely still in the 'get to know it' phase. But of course you can look at my blog and comment anytime you want. I have found so many people through viewing other people's blogs just like you. Your little family is so cute...how great is blogging?!?!!
ReplyDeleteJess,
ReplyDeleteIt is so fun to see what you are up to even when i don't get to see you. I'm glad that you had a great christmas! Hope to see you soon-mary