It has been a pretty crazy and stressful week. I don't really know where to start because quite a bit has gone on so I think I will take it day by day so I don't forget anything that I want to record.
Thurs 7th- I thankfully didn't have to work and I really needed to get things packed up so things would go smooth on Sat. McKendry had had a pretty bad cough and runny nose and a fever so after my volleyball game we went to the instacare and had one of the doctors look and listen to her. He said that she had bronchitis and there wasn't much we could do for her except keep the fever down and give her breathing treatments. Oh and it's contagious so expect Connor to pick it up! She had a semi rough night but was doing better that day. Connor started to get a fever and more of a cough starting Friday.
Friday 8th- I got up early and went running which is always hard but I feel so much better during the day knowing that I had already been running. I went six miles and felt really good. I spent the day packing more stuff and trying to hold Connor because he was super onery and wanted to be held all the time. This is hard to get used to because he is such a happy baby and isn't clingy at all. Josh got home early and my sister Gentry came down to help us out. I left the kids with them and went and weighed in for Biggest Loser and get some new running shoes. I gained a pound! That sucks but it's expected when I don't really do anything to take it off. I went and got some new running shoes because my old ones were starting to hurt my knees and I really needed some. Well that night we were supposed to go and pick up our fridge that we had bought on Wed. We got a trailer and went to Sears. When we got there they told us that our fridge wouldn't be in until Tues! Okay, we could handle not having a fridge for a few days. Glorified camping we thought. Well we still had a load of stuff to take out to the house and we were meeting my in-laws who were bringing us a couch. Thanks so much for that. I didn't even get to see them because I spent an hour and a half stuck at Taco Bell! It's a long story that I have told alot and want to forget!
Sat 9th- I got up at 4:45 to go running. The group that I have been going with are training for a trail marathon so we have been doing hill type runs on Saturdays. They were going to run the old airport road. I have never run this and didn't really know what it would take. I thought it was going to be about six or seven miles total and could handle that. Well it was alot longer and the hill itself was one mile. It was the hardest hill I have ever run up and at the top of the hill we had run 6.2 miles! Now we just had to run back to the car which ended up being 5 miles away! I was pretty tired after but proud that I had gone that far and that I didn't walk up the hill!! The rest of the day was spent loading everything up. It took us 3 trucks, 3 trailers, the backs of 4 cars but we did it! I was really suprised at how well everything went. Thanks to all those that helped us.
Sun 10th- I had to work Sunday at 7 am. It was a long busy day and I get a call from Josh telling me that the toilets won't drain and we couldn't get ahold of the builder. We thankfully have a one year warranty on the house! So we spent the night at George and Britt's. I also worked on Monday. Oh and Connor is still sick and onery and not sleeping, eating and constipated. Quick shout out to my friend Tiff HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Mon 11th- After a pretty long night with Connor who didn't want to sleep or be put down we decided to take him to the Doctor's. Thankfully we got an appt for 9:30 that morning so I just went over from work. Connor has a bit of everything from bronchitis to sinus infection to ear infection! The doctor gave us a prescription to help break the fever since he had it for longer then three days and we don't like to take chances after the whole seizure thing. We just barely got a hold of the builder and told him our problem with the plumbing. He asked Josh if he had checked the chain in the toilet to make sure that it was connected. Josh was annoyed because he says that he is not an idiot an of course he would have checked that. Well he said that he would come get our keys and go out and check it out. By the end of the day they discovered that someone had put a bunch of mud and rocks and trash down this pipe in the front yard. The cap had been busted off and someone thought it would be fun to be a jerk. This was at the end of the day and he said he would have to come back the next day to fix it. Another long night with a sick Connor.
Tues 12th- I thankfully didn't have to work and hung out at Britt's house most of the day. I didn't take McKendry to her dance class and felt really bad about that but I didn't know where her leotard was and Connor was sleeping and I was not going to wake the beast up. I have dropped my phone way too many times and it is now put together with an elastic band but I had left it at the house and had to go and get it. I discoverd that the tv and been hooked up as well has the internet but the plumbing was still not working! I went back to Britt's and we all took a 2 1/2 hour nap!! I called Josh and he said do you want the bad news first or the bad news first. He said the plumbers couldn't get the pipes unplugged and they would try the next day and if that didn't work they would have to dig them up! Oh and our fridge was supposed to be in that day and Josh called Sears to make sure that it was there. He was told that the order was never placed and it would take another 10 to 14 days!! Josh was not happy and told them that he wanted to come and get his money back and would go somewhere else. I was pretty annoyed but since we weren't living in our house anyways why did matter when our fridge came in. After calling Lowe's and Home Depot we found out it would take just as long to get the fridge from them so Sears is giving us 10% off and they will deliver it for free.
Now I get to today. I am working again and then hopefully leaving early tomorrow to go to Delta to spend the next few days! The weather is supposed to be bad but I hope it goes good. I really want to go. The plumbers called and they got the pipes cleared and put a camera down them to check everything out and it all looks good. Josh has been there cleaning up the mud/crap that came shooting out of the toilets and drains when they put a fire hose down them to clean it out. Connor has also been pretty onery and it was another rough night. I really hope tonight goes better. I am glad I was working and didn't have to clean everything up. So thanks to my husband for all his hard work the last week and taking care of us all. You are the best!
I promise to post pictures of the house soon.....I know I have said this before!
Okay, Jess...I am still waiting to see pics of your house.....so if you're coming to Delta, bring some with you, ok? It will be fun to see you for a day or two Love ya,
ReplyDelete"Aunt Camille"
Wow!!! I feel as if I am right there living the moments with you! Can't wait to see you guys in a week! Paycen is so SO SO SO excited to see Kenny! I hope everything is all AOK by Friday! Love YA!
ReplyDeletewhat a week! (do you remember me)
ReplyDeletei havent heard or talked to you in forever. I hope everything goes smoothly from here on out. Have fun in Delta!
love sarah
Oh Jess I am so sorry about the chaos! Moving into your first home should be wonderful. I hope everything goes smoothly for now on and the kids get better.
ReplyDeleteOh my heck---I am glad everything is finally working out! Hopefully you made it safely to delta and are havinga great weekend!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nightmare. It sounds like you might as well of been camping with all the roughin it that you have been doing. Good thing Britt lives here and was able to let you crash at her place. Hopefully by the time you come home everything will be straightened out.
ReplyDeleteOH wow! You need a break!! I hope you are getting some rest and can start enjoying that new house which I can't wait to see.
ReplyDeleteCute house! What a fun time for you guys- well except for the crap part. Don't you just love husbands for that?? Okay- I feel your pain for sick kids. Paige and Brock have been sick FOREVER, and to make matters worse, I got super sick, which made my patience go out the window and basically had my son watching spongebob all day. Hope you guys are feeling better and doing well- see you Thursday??
ReplyDeleteI feel so much for you guys. But that is also one of the funniest posts I have ever read. But it's only funny because it's in the past.
ReplyDeleteHA HA I figured it out and yes I look at your blog. So we had a crazy dive home too but sounds like yours was worse. Sorry. It was way fun to see you and play v-ball. Will you please e-mail me the pictures you took at the tournament it would be much appreciated. Thank you babe. Hope to see you again soon,
ReplyDeleteBrooke
Jess, You are amazing! And yes, you do need a break. I'm so amazed how much you run. I'm pushing three miles lol. Hope things calm down a bit, and your place looks sooooo nice. I'm so jealous and happy for you!
ReplyDelete