I have seen this on a few people's blog and have wanted to do it but I guess I was waiting to be tagged, so thank you Hailey and Jen. I guess I am supposed to write 10 things about McKendry.
1. She loves her little brother. First thing in the morning she wants to go 'check on Connor' and usually ends up waking him up. Most mornings I will here her singing the Connor song to him and him laughing. The Connor song goes like this. "Connor man, Connor man, sweetest baby in all the land." She will sing it over and over and he loves it.
2. She loves, loves to read. We always have to read her 4-5 books a night or she will not go to sleep. Some books we have read so many times that she has them memorized. I guess she got this from me and I hope she doesn't end up reading/wasting her time on romance novels!
3. She loves to learn and really wants to go to Preschool. She tells me all the time how much she wants to go where she can paint, read books, play with friends, count and basically get away from me. Thankfully for her I have her in a preschool with a lady in our ward and some of the kids in our ward. It starts in August and I have already used it as a bargining chip! She can't wait for the summer to be over so she can go to school. I'll enjoy while that lasts.
4. This little girl could live on fruit snacks! They are the first thing she asks for in the moring and as I say no I hold my breathe, waiting for a tantrum. If we ever want to get her to do something we just offer fruit snacks as a reward and she will not let you forget that you promised her some. I think she gets her sweet tooth from me unfortunately.
5. She is very loving and I love it when she gives me a hug and tells me she loves me and that we are best friends forever! She loves to give smooches and hugzies and if I leave for work without those then I will have to turn around and go get them.
6. She is really good at the computer. She would play it all day if we let her (somedays we have). Josh has taught her what buttons she needs to push to pull up her games. I am suprised at some of the games that she has mastered.
7. When Kenny was a baby she did not like crowds at all and would cry when we were in big groups or were too loud. She is very friendly but it does take her a little while to warm up to those that she doesn't know and she tends to be shy.
8. She loves to dress up in her princess dresses and shoes. When I leave my make-up out she always has to have some on. She also likes me to put deotrant on her? When she smells things she tends to blow air out her nose instead of breathing it in. She also loves to have her done like a princess, which now that we have cut it off is usually just a clip on the side.
9.She loves her dance class and all the outfits that they get to dress up in. Whenever I have music playing I have to dance with her. She really likes it when I sing the Ariel song and dance around with her. I don't think Josh enjoys it too much since I am tone deaf and can't carry a tune. She will be really sad that dance class is almost over.
10. She really loves to play Duck, Duck, Goose, Red Rover, Ring around the Rosies and the Max and Ruby game. She constantly asks everyone to play and most the times she gets them too. We have played these games with her princess dolls and she loves that.
Kenny is such a blessing in our lives and we are so thankful that she choose to come and live with us and let us be her parents!
She would like to tag Shar's Paycen and Kamber, Susanna's Kenny and Shane and Chelsea's baby Jack!
No comments:
Post a Comment