Thursday, August 14, 2008

Sort of New Calling!?!

So a few weeks ago I got a phone call from Josh while I was at work telling me that a couple of friends and stopped by to see me. I couldn't think who it could be because no one really ever stops by (boo hoo). He then told me that the counselors of the bishopric had come by to see me and that they would come over another night to talk to me. I instantly tried to think of what calling I was going to be getting.
Well that was on Tuesday night and then on Friday they came over and asked me to be the 2nd counselor in the Young Women's. I said yes and I am really excited. I still feel like a young woman and it's weird to have all these young girls calling me Sister Jensen. I want to look over my shoulder for my mother-in-law.
I was just barely in charge of the combined activity for the YM/YW and we went to this fun swimming hole called Sheep's Bridge and had a BBQ. It was alot of fun and all the kids loved the slush and macaroni salad that I made.
I am now looking for ideas for the combined Young Women's activity that I am in charge of in a few weeks. If anyone has any suggestions that would be great!

6 comments:

  1. fun! i'm sure that the girls absolutely love having you with them! i love being in yw too, and i have to agree that it is weird that they call me sister vest. i much prefer sara.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those girls are so lucky! You will be the funnest young women leader ever. Good Luck with it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it is cool enough and the fire ban is lifted, you could have a bonfire testimony meeting.
    I am in charge of the ward activities and we are having a luau tomarrow. That is going to be fun. You could do that.
    Once we did something where we split the youth into two teams. There was a tent on the other side of the gym. You had to take turns and one person had one minute to get to the tent and try to put it together. They had to be blind folded and the team on the other side of the gym told them what to do. We raced the other team. It was really fun and the youth had a blast too. It was to demonstrate team work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome to the DRAMA of YW! You'll do such a good job! Here are some great websites for activities, lesson handouts, and everything else you can think of!
    mormonshare.com (my favorite!)
    sugardoodle.net (awesome)
    theideadoor.com(great activity ideas)
    christyclipart.com
    youngwomenconnection.com
    My favorite place for object lessons (I'm big into those) is mormonshare.com And my fav place to get handouts already made is the ideadoor. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If you still fell like a yw then your in a perfect calling.

    -Peter-

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey I locked our Rowley family blog, so if you want to be able to view it you'll have to let me know! :)

    ReplyDelete