Wednesday, September 24, 2008

What the Heck Happened to his head?



After I sent this cell phone video to my sister Gentry the first thing she says is "What the heck happened to his head?" Well I will tell you. He was running along this deck thing at a duck pond and hit his head on the rail. Hard. He was crying and of course I knew he was hurt but we didn't realize how bad it was until we looked at his head. It does look really bad but the swelling went down after about 20 mins. We were in St. George so I took him in to the Instacare because I knew the Dr. that were working and just had them check his head really quick. They didn't seem to concerned and Connor was acting just fine. They did give me a paper that told me things to look for with head injuries. I am just worried because he has been bumping his head alot lately. He has been happy but he does have a pretty good bruise on his head. We have been seriously thinking about getting him a helmet to wear.



9 comments:

  1. How sad, poor little guy! He's getting so big!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Crap! I cant beleive the size of that bump!! That is sooo sad! He is one tough kid. If it was me, i think I would STILL be crying about it. I'm glad the swelling went down so fast. The other day Jace was outside playing and got hurt, I thought he was faking it for the attention, so I told him to toughen up and told him he was ok. Then that night when I was getting him ready for bed I noticed a HUGE goose egg on the back of his head. I felt so bad after that. I felt like the worst mom ever! My boy was really crying out in pain and there I am telling him to toughen up. I'm a jerk. ---rob

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be little boys. Treyson has hit his head way more times than Ashten ever did. I agree with the helmet idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Vince had the EXACT same bump on his head and also from hitting his head on a rail. I was freaking out, but not as bad as Jeriah. Same thing, it went down after about 20 minutes, and he had the exact same straight line bruise from the rail too. How crazy, oh these little boys. It is amazing they stay alive isn't it? They're made tough I guess, thank goodness. I'm glad he's okay.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, it looks sooo much better now! I'm so glad he is ok because that bump was seriously freaky looking! Anyway, it was fun to finally get together with you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh that is sad!! Poor little guy. Him and Allie would be great friends:). Good luck in the marathon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Isn't it amazing how much more boys fall than girls. Savanna never had a bump on her head. Lincoln has a perma-bump on his head. Good luck on the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ouch!! Poor guy!! Haven't talked to ya in a while!! Hope you are well and still going to be running this weekend!! Are you taking the early bus?? Good luck and I'll see ya there!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man! thats horrible! I havent had one of those nasty hits on Kylee yet, but its coming anyday! dont you love this crazy age!!

    ReplyDelete