Monday, March 16, 2009

Lake to Lake 50 mile Relay

So this post is going to be in reverse since blogger is freaking out and won't let me arrange the order of my pictures. Connor is really into wearing hats right now and he loved the hats we got for being a top ten finisher in the Lake to Lake run. It doesn't matter that there were only 7 All Women teams, we still finished in the top ten!


This is our team, Sole Power! We had so much fun and we are definitely going to be doing this again next year!
Shelly, Me, Melanie, Karrie, Stacey
This is our we are really tired after the run picture
We had to have a nice picture in front of Sand Hollow
I couldn't go without a self portrait
This is the road I ran up on my second leg of the race. That is me running up the hill!
I was really having second thoughts during this leg of the race. I was not in the kind of shape I needed to be in and I was thinking I was really stupid for agreeing to do this. I must say that I did not stop and walk once!
I have to throw in a picture of all the other girls that ran it with me! We had such a great time and it really went by so fast.
We were the first team to get to the starting line thanks to Shelly making us leave so early! It was pretty freezing at Gunlock and it was making us nervous that it was going to be a super cold day, it was a little windy but by the end it was just right.

The race was from Gunlock to Sandhollow and was 50 miles long! There were 38 teams and we took 25th. We finished the race in 7hrs 20mins. We were pretty happy with that time. We really just wanted to finish. Now that we know what to expect we are going to be alot better trained for it next year.

3 comments:

  1. Your legs look super skinny!! If I could whistle through blogger I would. Good job Jessica you are an inspiration and with two kids and a job WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job! You are such a great runner--I have to hardest time getting inspiration to go out and run, especially up north in the cold. You look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my heck, you are Shewoman with all your running! Maybe someday I'll get off my butt and exercise. I actually live in Angie's basement so if you do have her do your pictures we'll have to visit for a while. I'll email you her phone #.

    ReplyDelete