Feb 13th- Played in a fun church ball game and scored alot! It helps when no one else will rebound but it was a fun game.
Feb 14th- Played another church ball game and won! Also Josh and I went on a Valentines date with Shelly and Darin. We didn't want to fight the crowds in town so we stayed in H-town and went to dinner and a movie. We went to Taken. I was skeptical about seeing an action flick on what is supposed to be a romantic day but I really liked it. It was pretty intense and there was alot of shooting but I really like Liam and he gave it good to the bad guys. Kenny and I also made sugar cookies cause you can't not have sugar cookies on Valentines day.
The next few days are a blur but somewhere in this time I got to play some fun games of Candyland with McKendry and at one point she drew a card that sent her back quite a few spaces and she say's "This is so messed up!" and "You just never know what your going to get huh Mom". She loves this game and it's a good opportunity to teach her that you don't or can't always win.
Feb 21st- Another church ball game and we won. I am going to add right here that we have taken first place! We have a buy next week and then regionals are the next week! I really didn't think we were going to do this good and there really are only like two other teams that are any good but a 1st place is a 1st place and I guess we will see how we do in regionals. I am a little scared though!
Feb 22nd- New Beginnings. We did a skit about a girl and her missing Personal Progress book. There were a couple talks that went with it and I think the girls really liked it. We also spotlighted the new beehives that had come into Young Women's. It was short, sweet and casual just how I like them.
Feb 27-28- Moab Volleyball tournament! This year was a really fun year to hang out with everyone cause there wasn't much playing going on. They combined the A, B and C tournaments into one and let in 43 teams! The pool play games were only rally to 15. The games went really fast and we only played like 5 games in pool play and won them all. We played some pretty terrible teams so it wasn't that great. Winning put us into the upper bracket of the tournament and we played some really good teams and lost the next two games so we were out. I would much rather play a hard game and lose then games where you just stand there and barely get any rallies going. It was a good road trip and it was fun to hang out with Brooke and Tiff. We missed Kim this year cause she was blessing her baby the next day and had a ton of family coming so was too busy to be there but next year she will be there and we will all be together again!
This a tractor that we alway see in the same place whenever we are going to Moab and we for some reason started a tradition of getting a picture by it.
Mar 1st- We headed up north for baby Parkers's baby blessing. It was nice to have everyone together. It was a fast trip. We left about 5 and headed down the freeway and I got a text from my mom saying she was missing the kids and would I please send a video of them. I got the crazy idea that we should make a quick side trip to Delta and suprise them. Josh wasn't too keen about it but I pouted and got my way. It was really fun to suprise them and they were having a fun game night with some more of my family so it was nice to see everyone there. We stayed for a couple hours and then headed home. We got home around midnight and then I got up early the next morning to go running at 5! It was a pretty busy weekend going all over the state but was really fun and worth it!
Had to get a family picture. It isn't often that we can get us all together.
Baby Parker
Yeah you are super busy! Yeah didn;t you score like 38 points in your church ball game? It was something like that. I love the pictures. I am sad that I didn't get to go to Delta with you guys. I am surprised that Josh stopped in Delta. I bet mom and dad were super excited. Oh and way to go on your 50 mile relay!
ReplyDeleteBusy, busy busy!!! I don't know how you keep up with everything you have going on! It was fun to get the kids together the other day, we definitely need to do it more often!
ReplyDeleteSeeing those Moab pictures made me super sad I wasn't able to go this year. Hopefully next year. Busy weekend, but glad you got to see so much family.
ReplyDelete