Sunday, May 17, 2009

This weekend has been an up and down one. One Sat. morning I went for a nice long run of 6 miles and I haven't been able to do that for a couple of weeks because I hurt my foot. Then we went with some friends looking for toads. The boys had gone to father's and sons and found a creek that had tons of toads so they told them that they could go back and find more. They had about 30 in their bucket within 20 min. We were all walking through the water and Connor tripped and fell all the way in and then he got to roll around in the sand and was a total mess. They all had so much fun so it was worth it.
That night we had a kind of going away party for Jordan and Lacey, who are going to Penn. for the summer to sell security systems and Britt and George, who are going to be saying goodbye to just the two of them and having a baby tomorrow!! George had to leave early to go to work in Mesquite but we had fun playing games and trying to watch Marly and Me but the DVD was too scratched. That's the risk you take when renting from Red Box. At about 9:45 my dad called.
He told me that my mom was in the hospital and that she had had a heart attack! I thought I heard wrong for a second but he said that they were going to chaperone the high school yearbook dance and that her left arm started to go numb and she had a terrible pain in her chest and cold, nauseous feeling come over her and they decided to go out to the ER. When they found that she was having a heart attack they decided that she needed to get up north fast and called in the Life Flight helicopter and they flew her up to UVRMC and did an angiogram on her and found a blockage in her left ascending artery. The artery was completely blocked off and they had to put two stents in her heart. She has heart damage where the blood flow was blocked. She is doing pretty good but has still had pain in her chest and has been throwing up because of the pain medicine. Josh and I decided to drive up with Jordan and Lacey this morning to go and see her. We left our kids here with Shelly and Darin thanks so much to them for watching them. My mom had a ton of visitors today and I know that she knows how much she is loved. We got to the hospital at about 3:20 and realized that she was in the Cardiac ICU. There was a bunch of family in the waiting room and it was nice to see them there. When I saw my mom and gave her a hug I started to cry and it was so unreal to see her so sick and tired and hooked up to everything. She was crying because she was so disappointed to miss Britt having her baby tomorrow and was feeling really bad about it. I know Britt is really going to miss having her there but they both know that there is nothing that they can do about it and I hope I can help Britt as much as I can. It is also hard because our little brother Chase is graduating from High School on Wed and she won't be able to go to that either. We left the hospital around 7 and my mom was sleeping but when we got to about Fillmore my dad called and said that they were going to take my mom back into the Cath Lab and see why her heart was still hurting her so bad cause the pain should have been gone with the Nitro drip they were giving her. That took about an hour and then my dad called me again and said that everything looked good but that part of her heart that was blocked from blood flow was pretty damaged and it was going to take longer before it felt better. She can hopefully come home from the hospital on Tues but she will be out for about 2-6 weeks and has to go so some Cardiac Clinics for a couple of weeks. I know this is rambling but it has been a long 24hrs and I want to get this all down while I can.
I know that my mom is going to be okay and the blessing that she was given helped to strengthen that knowledge. My mom is just such an unselfish person and is always trying to do so much for so many people. I know how much I depend on her and just the thought of losing her or something like this happening to her is so hard for me to even think about. I love my mom so so much and I know she is going to come through this. My dad also has been so great and has been by her side through this whole thing and he really will not leave her side and he hasn't slept this whole time. I just want my parents to know how much I love them and can't wait till they are back home and healthy!

13 comments:

  1. That is so scary. I hope she is feeling better. Send her our love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry to hear all that. Tell her we are thinking about he and we love her. Hurray for Brit! She is a mom today. That is very exciting. Heart attacks are very common, how come the D hospital didn't have the equiptment to deal with it? I don't know much about it just that they are the number 1 killer so you would think that everyone would know how to respond quickly and efficiently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How scary! I'm so sorry to hear about your mom but glad to hear that she is doing better. Life can change so quickly can't it? Hopefully she'll be back on her feet quick.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When my mom told me that I was SICK to my stomach! I feel so bad for you mom! What a WONDERFUL lady! My mom was SO upset to! I hope she gets better fast! WE LOVE HER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so scary! Tell her we love her and hope she gets feeling better soon. And I cant wait to see pictures of Brits baby so post them soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm in tears! I love your mom so much, and we haven't stopped thinking about her since we got the phone call Sunday morning. I'm so thankful that she's going to be OK, We LOVE you Marcia!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry to hear about your mom jessica! I cant imagine how scary that would be. Im so glad she is going to be okay. I'll keep you all in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow jess! i'm so sorry! that would be so scary! good luck to your mom, and good luck to you helping with everything... we hope britt does well and everything goes well! we'll keep ya in our prayers! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry jess that is so scary
    My dad had the thing about 4 years ago it is so scary. I hate the hospital. Im sure it will work out just fine don't. My Dad felt better then he did in years after they put his stints in and he was getting all the blood flow that he needed. Good luck Give her a big hug for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jess that is so scary about your mom I hope she gets feeling better soon. your family will be in out thougts and prayers

    ReplyDelete
  11. Jess,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. It's so hard when stuff happens to them because they are always there for us. I'm thinking about you and hope all gets better really fast.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So shocked to read this post. I can't beleive mama mecham in the hospital!!! Hopefully she is feeling much better. I got your message but couldn't get you email address. So email it to me and I will add you. It was not intentional. my email is waterski20@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete