Monday, July 13, 2009

Careful What You Say!

Even as I write this I know that it doesn't show me in the best light but it was pretty funny and I want to remember it. A few nights ago we were going through the routine of putting the kids to bed and there is a book we read that the kids love to do the actions to. Well Connor was doing somersaults and he rolled and hit the wall. Kendry saw him do this and said "S**t! I didn't think that was what she really said but then he did it again and she said the same thing. I calmly asked her what she said and she got really quiet and knew that she was not saying a good word. I asked her where she had heard that word and she pointed her finger at me! Josh just laughed his head off and said that's what you get. I told her that I was sorry that I said that word and that we both needed to never say that word again!

To redeem that great parenting moment that same night while Josh was saying the prayer Connor started to repeat everything Josh said so Connor said his first prayer and he was so proud of himself. At least we are teaching one of them the right things to say!

7 comments:

  1. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! Love the story! THanks for posting it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bahahahaha. This happened with my brother and d*mn during a game of chess. That was my mom's lost temper word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have a few stories like that, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go! I await the time the kids repeat Darin with those words. Bryce has said one but hopefully they will not follow that part of his example.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so great! Jeremy was just warning me yesterday to watch it, because Paul totally echoes everything.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hahaha that is so so funny! I am afraid I will prob do the same thing. Kids pay such great attention to detail! :) Hence the prayer he was saying. What a good example!

    ReplyDelete
  7. all I can say is...DDAAAAHHAAAA!!!!

    ReplyDelete