Sunday, September 6, 2009

I have a confession to make.....

I would first off like to thank everyone for their support during this potty training experience and hearing everyones experiences and I know I have written about how great Connor was doing and how we were going to go forward and not look back but for the sake of 1) Our sanity, 2) Water conservation due to all the extra laundry that has been done, 3) Connor's life, he is now back in a diaper. I can't believe that I am actually giving up but I really don't think I can handle it right now. Connor would do really good if I was there to watch him 24/7 without any distractions and tell him when he needed to go potty but I can't. He could care less if he had wet/dirty underwear. In the week that we have been doing this he has not once said anything to me about needing to go potty. As long as I am being honest with everyone and myself before I even started this I had a feeling he was not ready but I thought that I could make him be ready because I was ready to be done with diapers. I also thought that since McKendry was so so easy that Connor would be too even though he is a boy and boys are supposed to be harder. They are. So to all those that I have told that we were going to stick with it come hell or high water well it's been very hot around our house and then we drowned so better luck to us in January!

5 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you are going through!! I have tried twice with Jace, and both times lasted a week or longer, and both times, he wasn't doing any better at the end of the week than he did at the begining! I tried every single book or suggestoin out there, and NOTHING was working. I was getting so frustrated!Finally someone said to me "Who cares if he isn't potty trained yet. Just wait as long as you think will take for him to be ready." That was the best thing to hear, instead of all the "my kid is potty trained" and then me feeling like a lazy parent cuz mine wasn't. So, anyway, I gave jace another 4 months, tried again, and amazingly enough, he immediatly took to it. It has only been a week, but it was so much less stressfull than the other times I was trying to force him. He actually WANTED to do it this time, which was the huge diference. So, anyway, hang in there, and give it awhile. If the worst of our problems is having a kid that isn't potty trianed yet, then life is pretty good!! ---rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha. I seriously hate potty training! But really, don't beat yourself up. My 2nd little girl wanted nothing to do with it, and I tried and tried. Eventually I just gave into the fact that she wasn't going to until she was ready, and then one day outta the blue she asked for panties and just did it! Yea, she was almost 3yr. old, but she was so easy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ha ha ha. Like Robyn said, who cares if he is potty trained or not...except for you and the diaper expense. Sometimes it is worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You probably taught him way more than you think. When he is ready he will know just what to do! I figure if they are still wearing them when the go to school then you will need to worry!

    ReplyDelete