On Christmas Eve Josh and I went Ice fishing with my dad, Chase, Gentry and some family friends from Delta. I surprised myself by saying that I would go. We went to Otter Creek to start out with. When we got there it was -12 degrees! I did not want to get out of the truck. I kept warm though with nice coveralls and boots. It actually wasn't too bad and did eventually warm up. I made myself the official picture taker of the day and had to get pictures of everyone with there first catch. We also had breakfast out on the ice. The fishing was good for the first few hours and then really slowed down so we decided to head on over to Fish Lake for a couple of hours. Gen and I had brought cards because we thought we would get bored and would need something to do. When we got to Fish Lake we didn't want to get all dressed up again so we were just going to stay in the truck, stay warm and play cards. I decided that we needed to go back on the main road to get cell service so I could call my Mom and have her pick up an electric razor for Josh. Well it was a pretty snowy drive into the lake but we made so I thought we would be able to make it out okay. Not so. We got stuck about 8 times before we made it out onto the road. I am impressed that Gen and I were able to get the truck out. It was making a weird noise and wouldn't shift to well after that but we think I just froze a sensor or something. My Aunt Cinda has a cabin in Fish Lake and they happened to be spending Christmas up there so we drove over to see them and then Lanny wanted to go see the boys and how they were doing. The ice was maybe six inches and it was scary walking out on it. The fishing was really good but the fish were all small. They were done after about 2 hrs. Josh and I headed back to Richfield for the Jensen Christmas Eve party.
My Dad with one of his catches
Awesome fish! I have never gone ice fishing, and I may never go because I am getting cold just looking at these pictures!
ReplyDeleteAwesome fish!! Good job, I am impressed :)
ReplyDelete