Getting pumped to go hiking
Sunday, April 25, 2010
Free day in Zion's.
On Saturday we decided to take advantage of the free pass into Zion's and take the kids on a little hike. McKendry was excited for our big adventure and when we told her that she got to ride on a bus she was pretty excited. Connor just wanted to stay home and play the computer. We took the shuttle up to the Emerald Pools hike and went on the lower loop route. It was only .6 miles to the waterfalls so we thought we would be able to handle that with the kiddos. I was actually pretty impressed with how well they did on the way there. On the way back.....there was a bit more whining. Kendry spotted a big squirrel on the side of the trail and then was pretty happy with herself for being the one to find it. This squirrel almost climbed up Connor's leg. After getting back to our car we decided to take a drive through the tunnel. The kids really liked that. After we got home got ready to go to the Elders Quorum party. It was pretty fun and the hamburgers where good. I had a nice 3hr nap after and now I am here at work. It was a fun day and nice to spend it together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love Zion. I get so happy when people post about it. It is my favorite place on earth.
ReplyDeleteSounds so fun. The kids will love memories their wonderful mom makes for them like this. We went hiking at Snow Canyon last week and I ended up carrying Jack for probably at least 2 miles. Not too much fun, but the memories for everyone are there!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun family outing. I'm sure my kids wouldn't have made it all the way without some major complaining either.
ReplyDeleteAshten is starting t-ball in a few weeks and she said she's nervous because she doesn't think she can catch the ball. I love watching kids that age play sports. So innocient.
I can't believe you didn't find out you little stinker! I have been blog stalking you just waiting to find out how many chances we have to get our kids to hook up. We're 2 for 2 so far with Brock and Kendry and Paige and Connor. I am hoping that you have a girl so that my new little boy might just have a future wife!! You look adorable too and love the belly!
ReplyDeleteI haven't looked at blogs for so long I didn't know you were Pregnant!!!! Congrats! And I gather your not finding out the sex? I want to try that if I ever have another baby....You look great!
ReplyDeleteHike at Zions.. totally jealous! And good job on staying strong and not looking at the sex of the baby. I don't think I could do it. It will be SO fun when you deliver. I can't believe you are over halfway!
ReplyDelete