Monday, June 28, 2010

Girls Camp/Chase's farewell

Last week I went to Girls Camp. We had a really great camp this year. It's always going to be interesting when you put that many girls together but there was surprisingly little drama. One of the best parts was waking the girls up in the morning with the metal triangle. On the 2nd morning when i woke them up the girls were wondering where I had found the triangle because they had hidden it from me. Little did they know that there were 2 and I hid the one that I used. I'm no fool and knew they would try to steal it. The worst part of camp was the heat and not wanting to get out of bed in the middle of the night to visit the outhouse. Josh was able to come up on Thursday and stay till Sat. when we left. He was able to go fishing for a couple of hours on Fri. morning. It was a fun 3 1/2 days and I can't wait for next year. As soon as we got home on Sat. we had to hurry and shower and then head up to Delta to rescue my parents from our kids. We made a quick stop in Cedar to see our new niece Kambri. Jordan and Lacey's baby was born on Fri and she has a ton of hair and is such a cute baby. I wish I could hold her all day. It makes me really excited for our baby. Jordan was so cute to watch with the baby and Lacey looked awesome. They are going to be great parents. When we got to Delta the kids were playing in Uncle Shane's new water slide. Kenny was going down the slide backwards and having a great time splashing around. Connor was chilling in this little fish floaty and basically crying if anyone looked at him wrong. We are going to have to toughen him up. We had Chase's mission farewell on Sunday. He is such an awesome guy and he did a great job. The people of England are going to be so lucky. It was great to see so much family at the dinner afterwards. A couple didn't even know I was pregnant which is pretty hard to miss when you see me. It was a great weekend and can't wait for the 4th this weekend!!
Kenny took this picture and then asked me if she looked fat in it. I need to watch what I say. I told her she looks beautiful and I love the double chin.
Connor is taking after his Mom and sister with the self portraits. This picture shows his brown spot that he has in his right eye.

Our little fish

Can't get this kid to make a decent face in pictures lately.

This is one of the 5 fish Josh was able to catch while up at camp.

We also took the kids to see Toy Story 3 while in Delta. We all loved it. It was a bit darker then the others but super clever and Kenny was wanting to watch it again right after it got over. We are definitely going to be adding that movie to our collection.


4 comments:

  1. Fun! I wish we could have been there for Chase's farewell. I was thinking about him all day, he is going to be a great missionary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remeber when Roberta would ring the cow bell? Your her calmer prodigy. Smart thinking on two though. I didn't even know that Lacey was pregnant. That is super exciting. Good Luck to Chase.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We loved Toy Story 3, too. We took both kids and Henry was totally glued to it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am heading to girls camp in 2 weeks and am terrified!! 8 months preggo and hiking around??? Glad you survived!!

    ReplyDelete