Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Fun Weekend!

Our weekend started with St. Patrick's day.  A little leprechaun left a trail of shamrocks from the kids rooms to their St. Patrick Day shirts in the living room.  They were excited about them and Josh was too but you can't tell from this picture!

We had rainbow waffles for breakfast.  They were a big hit and really easy to make.  I also had banana slices for gold coins and somehow the milk was turned green!
We drove up to Delta Thursday as well.  When Grandpa Meek got home from work he took the kids golfing with him. He is a brave Grandpa.  Kenny fell in a mud puddle!  She was worried about what I would say but I think it was funny!
Friday I drove up to stay with my friend Brooke at her parents house in Eagle Mtn. because we were going to run the Shamrock Half Marathon Sat. morn!  It was my first night away from Lawson but my pump bag was never very far away!  Aunt Gen and Uncle Drew took care of the kids during the night and I really appreciated that.  Josh stayed home to work and he also went golfing on Sat.  The race was a bunch of different things: cold, windy, painful, hard, rewarding, hard, felt good to be out and running again.  I am really glad that I was able to go and run it.  I finished in 2:42 so not my best time ever but I finished it.  I also didn't train for it so that's what I get.
Brooke and I before the run!
On the way home from Eagle Mtn. I went the back way home around Utah Lake and since I was so close to Genola I had to stop and see this handsome man.  I hadn't seen my Grandpa Mecham in almost a year!  He was pretty surprised to see me and we had a nice catch up chat.

We also went swimming Sat. night.  The kids are little fish and they loved it.  Lawson loved the water and acted like he was in a big bath tub.  Connor loved being a 'scuba diver'.  At one point he got to close to the edge where the shallow meets the deeper part and my Mom had to pull him up out of the water.  He was pretty scared but it only last a few minutes and he was good to go.  So glad my mom was there when she was because it could have been so much worse!  Kenny LOVES the water.  She was brave enough that she went off the high dive.  I thought she would climb up there and get scared and climb back down but she didn't.  She just walked right up there and jumped off.  We were very impressed!
How cute is this little stud muffin!

Fun little group!

Not flattering but what cute kids!  We sure missed Daddy!

5 comments:

  1. you are such a fun mom for doing all those sweet little st. patrick things! I wish I would have come to your house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waffles were such a cute idea! I love it! Way to go on the half marathon even if it wasn't your best time. I am working toward the St. George half in January. PLEASE say you'll run it with me! It will be my first, but I have wanted to do that one for the last 6 years! Maybe Steph will do it too. Wouldn't that be a blast for us all to run it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering how I got left out of that fun litle group picture! Probably for the best though! Wearing a swim suit is not my best look! It was a fun weekend and can't wait to do it all again with more family!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the waffles! we completely forgot st patty's day this year, every single one of us. oh well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job on your run! Your kids are adorable!! :)

    ReplyDelete