Monday, June 4, 2012

First fishing trip of the season

A couple of weekends ago we headed up to Kolob for a fun little fishing trip.  Gen and Drew came with us.  It was a little cold and windy but the kids loved it.
Kenny totally surprised me and was all about holding the worms and she tried to get me to hold one and I definitely refused.  I hate slimy things.  Creepy.

This little man lives to be outside.  He has the cutest walk that is more like a stomp and I really could just eat him up.

This big little buddy was also pretty happy to be hanging out at the lake.  He took a little convincing that he wanted to hold a worm but once Kenny talked him into it he loved it. 

A normal picture of the Wankiers.

He was swinging this fishing net like it was a baseball bat.  The kids is going to be a baller I just know it.

Trying to scare me with the gross worm.  I am loving the two top missing teeth.  I sometimes can't take her serious when she talks to me and she has the cutest lisp.

So Josh is a very patient man.  He is a very patient fisher man as well.  He had baited Connor's fishing pole, casted it out and set it to rest against the tackle box while he readied his pole.  Well not too long after he turned his back Connor's pole went shooting out into the lake!  The lake is pretty full right now and the bank we were fishing from was about three feet up from lake and it was cold.  Well being the good dad that he is and seeing the super sad look and cries from Connor about losing his pole, Josh headed into the lake to get Connor's pole back.  The pole had other ideas or better yet the fish that was hooked on the line on the pole had other ideas.  Slowly but surely the pole swam away and we thought never too be seen again.
(Insert picture of Connor sad/crying)

20 mins later Drew gets a bite.  He is about 100 yards down the lake to our left and casting in the opposite direction of us.  He reels the fish in and we hear him say "I didn't catch the fish.  I hooked the line that the fish was on."  We joked that wouldn't be it so cool if he had snagged Connor's pole.  He released the fish and started to pull on the line the fish was on and lo and behold out came Connor's pole!!  It was the craziest thing.  Connor was one happy little boy.  For some reason this picture won't work but you can see Connor's hand holding his pole.


Kenny found another furry friend.

I just thought this pic was cute of them hanging out on the bank.

Had to get a family picture.
Me and my best girlfriend.
We had a great time and I hope that we have a few more fishing trips planned for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment