Getting ready to enter the Zoo!!
About the only smile of the day.
Only the hundredth time getting a drink!
Hopefully this will never be her shadow
Only family picture I thought to take. She has to force herself to smile.
Well we went to the Hogle Zoo on Sat. I had such big ideas on how the whole thing was going to go. McKendry would run to see the animals, so excited, with a look of pure joy on her face and be happy all day and I would leave thinking I was the best mom ever. What really happened was she got a cold the day before, slept like crap so everyone didn't sleep well, coughed like she was a smoker with pneumonia, was onery, wouldn't ride in the stroller and wanted really nothing to do with the animals. She did want to see the birds after the bird show was over and she wanted to drink out of the lion drinking fountain. It was not that much fun. I think I had too many expectations and you can't do that with a two year old especially a sick one. We will go back in a few years and hopefully she will be better then. I hope she is better in California in a few weeks. She will have a cousin/friend to play with so that will be nice. I do have to say what great in-laws I have. They were great this weekend to play with McKendry and chase her around the zoo. Thanks Grandma and Grandpa J!!!
I know how you feel about not getting what you expected at the zoo. Last summer my kids had so much fun and were good the whole time we were there. We had so much fun I planned another trip this summer. It was quite a different experience this year. The kids were cranky, hungry, and tired, so we had to force them to do anything. We just carried them throughout the whole zoo. The only time they had fun was on the train ride. You have my sympathy.
ReplyDeleteWell it looks like you had fun despite all the obstacles. I'm sure deep down she really liked it! You are such a good mom to do such fun activities with your kids!
ReplyDelete