Monday, September 17, 2007

Family Vacation!!





I have decided that I am going to use my blog as my family journal and just print out my blogs every couple of months and save them. I just don't take the time to write in my journal any more and I really want to save all these memories and funny things that McKendry does and says. What does this mean to my loyal readers you may be thinking? Just alot more info then you probably want and longer blogs!! It may take longer to read them but I have to do this or I will regret it.




So we just returned from a trip out to California. We left Thurs at six in the morning hoping that the kids would sleep half of the way. Kendry didn't but Connor slept most of the way. He was such a good baby the whole way and only cried the last 15 min of the ride! I can handle that. He is such a blessing. Kendry was better then I thought she was going to be. Well we got down to my cousin Shar's in-laws a little before noon and just took a couple of hours settling in and letting McKendry and Paycen get to know each other again. Shar's in-laws have a couple of dogs so that was something for Kenny to get used to. The dogs are the same type but one is alot older and calmer. Kenny would tell us that she liked the daddy dog not the baby dog. She tried to read the dog stories and give it toys. He would just look at her and walk away or lay there and take it. Hope she enjoyed that because I am not getting a dog anytime soon. House first and then we'll see. We went to the beach later that day. The water was freezing so there went the swimming but we had alot of fun playing on the beach and digging pits for the kids to sit in so we could cover them with sand. It was low tide and there was this rocky place where you could go and see hermit crabs and fish that had gotten stuck in little pools of water. There was this huge, slimy snail thing that we dug out of the pool and dared each other to touch it. I hate touching slimy things. I made McKdendry touch it and she screamed like we were beating her. She didn't want to stay there after that so her and I walked back to our spot on the beach. The birds out there are little scavengers. McKendry would chase them around and got pretty close a time or two. It made me laugh so hard!! I wish I would have had the video camera with me. Connor had gotten pretty tired by this time so Shara stayed with him and had him wrapped up in this cocoon or blankets and towels with a little opening to breath because there was a breeze and he wouldn't sleep without being covered. After that we just went home and hung out.




On Fri morning Josh and I went to the store to get stuff for breakfast. We got lost a little bit but the stores start to repeat themselves after awhile and we eventually found it. There was this lady that started talking to Josh and telling him how cute Connor was and he was smiling at her. I was telling Kenny to make him laugh because when she says Boo to him he will start to laugh. I guess the lady didn't realize that I was doing this because she asked Josh if Connor was his first child and I said no She is and pointed to Kendry who I was holding and she said "Oh, I didn't realize that you two were together. I am just in my own little world and your not invited!" I had to laugh because that is going to be me in fourty years! After we got back and had breakfast Shar and I ran to the mall to look for clothes for our upcoming family pictures. I went a little overboard with the clothes and wish that I could have gone more. I just bought McKendry some stuff but she really needed an update to the wardrobe and I have decided that I can't wait as long as I do because it was getting pretty bad. I could not find a shirt for me and ended up buying one from Target without even looking to see how it looked. It is orange just like my last family pictures but a different kind of orange. Is that a big deal? I just don't want to not have anything to wear. It is short sleeved which is making me wish I would have been doing some pushups alot sooner. Oh well. After we went shopping we went to LegoLand. Nick, Shar, Paycen, Kamber, Jaren, Susanna, Kenadee and Shane came with us. We should have got there sooner because we didn't give ourselves alot of time. The park closed at 5! Who closes at 5! But really how much time can you spend at a park with little kids? It was nice because we went on a Fri. and alot of kids were still in school so we didn't have to wait in line very often. There was this little bumper car ride that the kids had to be three to ride but we lied and said they were 3. The guy would ask "So how old are you and McKendry and Paycen would say 2 and we would say your not 2 your 3!" He let them ride anyways. So they got into there indiviual cars and strapped the seatbelts on and there was a pedal on the floor of the car that was green and we told McKendry to push the green pedal and she reached done with her hand and pushed the pedal and the care would start to go and then she would sit up and try to drive it and then it would stop so after a couple quick tries of this she bent down and pushed it for longer and ran the car into the siderail thing and her head bounced off the steering wheel. Of course she cried and the guy and to bring her to us. I have it all on tape and it is hilarious. I did feel bad for her but she recovered quickly. We also went on a little boat ride through this fairy tale forest and she really liked that. There was alot of stuff to do but if you think about going it really is just for little kids.




Orginally Josh and I were going to take a anniversary trip down to Phoenix to watch the Giants play the Diamondbacks today actually but decided that Connor was to young to leave and never really tried to get it together so then we decided to do the California thing and I said "Well why don't we go to a Padres game instead? and guess who the Padres were playing? The GIANTS!! How awesome is that. Shara said that she would watch our kids so after Legoland we sent the kids off with them and we went the other direction to the ballgame. We had been to a Padres game a few years before on our anniversary but they had since got a new stadium Petco Park. It is so nice. Josh had gotten nice tickets down the left field line and we had a great view of Barry Bonds. It was fun because we were surrounded by Padre fans and everytime the Giants would do something good I would yell and everyone else would boo. Especially when Barry would get up to bat or when he came out in Left field. We went and took pictures of him and I was yelling "Barry your the best" and waving and he looked right at me. It was a total momment ruined only by the drunk idiot who was yelling at him beside me. I took a picture of Josh with Barry in the background but our camera is old so it doesn't really show who close we were. Then the usher guy took picture of us with Barry behind us but it is a little blurry. We had a ton of fun but the Giants did lose in the ninth inning but it was exciting.


That little dot behind Josh is Barry Bonds!! He was closer then it looks!!

On Sat. we went to this balloon thing that takes you like three hundred feet in the air. It was kinda lame and Shara had to work at the waterpark until noon and she raced out to the balloon park to ride the thing with us and she got there right as we were loading because we didn't know if she was going to make it or not that we wanted to wait until she got there and the jerk of a guy was telling us that we might be the last ride of the day because the wind was picking up. We had waited like an hour to ride so we didn't want to miss it. Well the guy wouldn't let Shara on the ride and he was such a English jerk that is kinda ruined it. Later that day we went to the WaterPark. I was a little worried about being in a swimsuit but decided that I had a cute swimsuit and I was definitely not the worst looking one there. It is amazing what people will wear! We left the kids with Shara again and went on a couple of rides. I felt like a kid again a 7-peaks. The park was closing at 5 so we had to hurry because we had gotten there late and Shar's father-in-law was going to turn a couple of the rides on after everyone left so we would be the only ones in the park. So the last ride that Josh and I went on was called Bazooka Bowl and it's this ride that you go shooting down this tunnel thing and into this bowl that you go around and then drop into a deep pool of water. It looks fun but is not. Imagine a huge toilet bowl. Well I was worried about now keeping my legs crossed and I closed my eyes the whole time wondering when I was going to shoot out into the bowl part and drop. Not fun. Josh went after me and I was worried because the girl asked if we could swim in deep water and Josh is not the best swimmer so I stayed behind to watch for him. I am laughing just thinking about it. When he came shooting out of the bowl and into the water I was laughing, when he came out of the water and swam to the side, I was laughing when I realized that he had lost his glasses I was not laughing. His glasses were on the bottom of this almost ten foot pool. The lifeguard didn't want to go down and get them because it was almost closing time and I knew that she didn't want to get wet. I told her that I would go and get them. I put her goggles on and dove down to get them. I thought that my head was going to explode! I saved the day but I did have a headache for a while. After the park closed we got to ride a few rides with no one there. We raced down Surf Hill, which is this ride made up of like six slides that you go down head first on these mats. It was really fun but you are supposed to keep your feet up and fingers on the mat. I have a couple of good burns on my fingers and toes. McKendry really liked it and she swims so good if she has her arm floaties on. I really need to get her in swim lessons next year. I want to go out next year when the kids are older, I know Connor would have alot more fun. We came home Sunday night. It was so much fun and went better then I thought it was going to. Kendry slept great because she was so exhausted and Connor did awesome. It was nice to sleep in our own beds last night. We have decided to move Connor to his own room this week. His crib is by the wall next to the bathroom and he's not the deepest sleeper so he gets disturbed alot so we are moving him into the computer room and moving the computer into our room. I went and bought a baby monitor so I can hear him when he wakes up to eat in the middle of the night. It's so sad because this means he is growing up! Well my hands are cramping from all this typing, especially since I had to retype some of it because I knocked the internet connection and the last part didn't save. Until next time.

Happy to be on the big orange balloon!








6 comments:

  1. Hey, I am glad that you had so much fun. Next year when you guys go me and george definately need to go too. I can just imagine kenny in the that car ride and hitting her head on the wheel. I can't wait to see the video. I am glad that you guys made it home safe. See ya in 21/2 hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea I'm glad you are back so we can work together again. I'm glad that you had fun...California is so fun to vacation to. It sounds like you guys had a good time. You will have to bring that video to work of Kenny and the car ride. HA HA HA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have really made up for the 10 days that you have missed posting. When you said longer posts you really meant it!!

    I loved hearing all about your trip it sounded great!! Wow you have really done well in our fantasy football league!! You beat everybody this week by twice the points!! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It sounds like an action-packed vacation! I'm glad you were able to spend alone time with Josh and have someone else watch the kids! Glad you're back--and finally updated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew, I made it threw the novel. It took me a couple day of coming back and forth but I did it! You have some super funny stories. I was laughing so hard when at Kenny bonking her head of the car stearing wheel. Sounds like a good time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just wanted to tell you guys that "kendry is aposse to be sleeping on a bed on a floor in the yellow room." (that is Paycen talk) I hear that all the time. We are coming down in October and Paycen has informed me that we "hava go see kendry when we drive drive drive." Miss you guys can't wait to see you again. Thanks for coming to play with us. I love seeing people I care so much about...especially since I really have been missen you!

    ReplyDelete