Monday, September 3, 2007

No Self-Control

Well I have made it very clear to myself and everyone who knows me that I do not have very much self-control when it comes to junk food. So it is time that I take drastic measures. I have made a contract with my husband that I will have no junk food for 100 DAYS!!!!! Yes I know you are asking yourselves "Is she crazy?" Yes I am but it must be done. That means no pop, ice cream, cake, cookies, chips, CHOCOLATE, and any other yummy sugary substance. Josh has told me that I can have a piece of pie on Thanksgiving and I am allowed moderation on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I have asked my husband to do this for me and be my boss so this is not spousal abuse I enter this contract freely and I am the one who wrote it up.
I just want to ask everyone to be supportive and keep the junk away. Even if I am begging you DO NOT GIVE IN TO ME!! So enough about that. Tonight we had family home evening and went to the splash pad. I wore my really cute swimsuit but wore a shirt over it. Hence another reason for the contract. Kendry was telling us that "It's okay the water won't hurt you" and "Good job you did it." She is so much fun. Connor didn't love it but the water was really cold and he hasn't slept that well today Josh said. I don't know I was at work. Well I love my kids and my husband. One last thing I want to say is feel free to ask me how this contract thing is going. I have learned that if you tell people of a goal that you have then you are more likely to keep achieve it because people will help keep you accountable. So Good luck to me!!

8 comments:

  1. Im glad you admitted to your stalking! I love having new blogs to look at! I'll add you to my list so you can still stalk, except now we can be blogger buddies!
    ok and i think im going to take the challenge on with you...can i?? 100 days is a long time, but can you imagine the lbs id lose going 100 days with no added sugar!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you admitted about your stalking. That makes me laugh!! Good for you with the goal. You are a way stronger person than I am if you can make it that long. I know myself, and know that I would NEVER make it that long. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eeek, that is a long time!! I have learned that it is a lot easier to stay away from junk food when you don't work. Everyone is always bringing treats to work and it is very hard to stay away. Good luck! It is also easier for me to stay away from junk food when I set the goal to not eat past 7pm. Late nights are when I get all my cravings and I found myself not eating so many sweets as a result of not eating past 7pm. Of course all of that is out the window right now, but after the pregnancy, I will be so good again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck! I know that you can do it. Sometimes going cold turkey is the best way to do it. Like Libby said, not eating after 7pm (if you aren't working) really does help too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are crazy! First off, to do that, I could never, but second off, you look great and you don't need to lose weight! However, I will support you in your effort and wish you luck! I will definitely try my hardest to be a good influence around you--I will just eat everything so there will be nothing left for you! After my baby, however, I may be on board with the whole weight loss thing, since I have a long way to go to be where I want! We should definitely do a biggest loser thing like we did last year at work! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So I wish you luck with the candy/sugar thing, but we have also done this before, however I think that you have more will power than me. I dont think that I will ever admit to someone about my blog stalking. I think that I am in denial. Maybe I need to go to a blog stalkers anonymous meeting. But I swear I dont do it all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you guys going to be in St. George for Thanksgiving? We are so I hope you are!! :)

    Have fun in California! I hope it cools down for you...

    ReplyDelete
  8. As I am reading your blog, I am snacking on chocolate cheesecake I made for dessert last night. It's a good thing we live so far apart I guess so I can't be a bad influence on you.

    I love you little family, what cuties you have Jessica! Of course I remember you, although I have been AWFUL at staying in touch, I did keep your e-mail for the small hope you'd get my blog info.

    Thanks for checking in the other day. I love to see pictures and feel like we have a way to stay up to date on each other's lives!

    Good luck with you no snacking goal, and anytime you want to check in I'm glad to hear from you!

    Jamie

    ReplyDelete