Saturday, November 24, 2007

Cute Pictures and a fun Thanksgiving!!








Today we went and had the kids pictures taken. I wanted to get them done on a Sat. that neither one of us had to work and I had my sister Gentry here to help me. It has been a very busy, long, really fun holiday weekend. It started on Wed night when we had a birthday party for McKendry. My mom made her an Elmo cake and brought it down with them. We had the party at Britt's house (thanks again). I was on call that day and just knew I was going to get called in and I did but it wasn't until 5 and I only had to work until 7 so it wasn't bad at all and I got to see a really cool open fracture/leg wound. When I got out to Britt's house the party was in full swing. I had all my brother's and sisters, brother/sister -in-laws and my parents there and they were playing phase ten (which is my favorite card game) when I got there. When I walked in the door Kenny said "Yeah, now we can open presents!". Glad that she missed me. We did open presents and all but one of her presents was something to do with princesses. Britt and George got her a case of like 6 pairs of Disney princess shoes, my parents gave her a trunk of dress-up princess dresses, Gentry gave her princess games and we gave her a princess movie and a princess book. Ironic that she wanted an Elmo cake but she gets what she wants, just ask her. My parents did give her a nativity set to help us explain the meaning of the season and not just how many presents do I get.
Thursday we got up early and went back out to Britt's house to start making dinner. I was in charge of the pies, which is really something you shouldn't be in charge of if it's your first time and it's one the of things that everyone is looking forward to. I must say that they did turn out pretty good. I tried a new banana cream pie recipe that didn't go over too well. I really liked the apple pie recipe that I tried. We had a great dinner and then it was time for me to go to work. While I was at work everyone else put Gingerbread houses together. My mom decorated mine and it looks way better then anything I could have done. She made a little one for Kenny to decorate and she loved it.
Friday I was supposed to get up at 4 and meet Josh's aunts at Wal-Mart at 5 but I slept through my alarm! I woke up at 5:30 when Connor woke up. There wasn't really anything that I had to get so I wasn't too sad. We did tons of shopping, spent way to much money but had alot of fun. I did get some Christmas shopping done but not all. I need to restrain myself from going to crazy and buying too much. Josh and I have been looking for a house and we think we have found one that we really like. So we are going to be working on putting in an offer on it this week!! What a great Christmas present that would be!!
And today we just went and had the kids pictures taken. I love that Kiddie Kandids takes appt. now and am really glad that I got an early appt. When we got there I realized that I had left Connor's shirt at home. I didn't want him to wear it and spit up on it or slobber so I was going to put it on him there. It's a good thing Gentry was there to ask me where it was because I left it sitting on the couch so it wouldn't get wrinkly or forgot. Josh ran home to get it and we had McKendry get her pictures done first. I can't believe that she is going to be three in a couple of weeks!! She was excited to get her pictures taken and wanted to have more done. This is a far cry from past experiences and I was really worried that it was going to be a fight. Connor was a little tired and just wanted to play with his shoes instead of look at the camera. It really is a feat to get both kids looking at the camera with decent expressions on their faces. I was really happy with the way things turned out and I spent way too much money. I said I wasn't going to do that and I did. I hate that. I love the pictures though and should just let it go and not have buyers remorse. I do have pictures of Thanksgiving and her birthday but they will have to wait until I get them from my mom. We are getting our new camera on Monday though and I am really excited. Okay this is enough for now.

6 comments:

  1. LOVED the pictures! They are super cute. And by the way, thanks again for the fantastic Thanksgiving...the food was delicious and your family was so nice! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are such cute pictures! I have to get my kids pictures taken soon or it will just be too late. I even got them cute Christmas outfits. Your kids look adorable!!

    I can't wait to hear if you put an offer down on the house! How exciting. I hope we will be following in your shoes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kids look adorable. I agree with loving kiddie kandids new appt thing. I need to set one up for Treyson's 2yr. Good job with the pies. I would never be able to put together something that important. Where is the house you are interested in? Hopefully everything works out and you can get it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you guys had such a fun birthday party and Thanksgiving. Sounds like you guys broke in Britt and George's house!
    Good Luck with trying to buy a house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Busy, busy busy! It sounds like you had a great time though. The kids pictures are so cute. We got family pictures while we were home, and I cannot wait to see them. I'm excited for you about the house, you'll have to let me know how it goes. I am coming to work tomorrow and Thursday, so hopefully you'll be there to talk me through the day, since I will be having some serious anxiety about leaving Jack!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok those are dang cute and you are inspiring me to take my kids to get pics done even though it is such a chore to do it!

    ReplyDelete