Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Final Reflections!

Looking back at 2007, here are some thoughts:
1. What did you do in 2007 that you'd never done before? Had a baby boy, went shopping for houses and started this awesome family blog!!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Since my resolutions are always the same: lose weight, read the scriptures more and be a better person I didn’t keep all of them very good. I have made the same ones and am doing okay so far.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? Well I gave birth and a bunch of friends from work had babies as well. I wish the sister that could would hurry and have a baby.
4. Did anyone close to you die? Josh’s Grandma Pickett died. She was 102 and lived alone until the last year or so. Don Morris, who was the best bus driver ever, he drove the bus all through high school and took us to our volleyball games and always asked how we were doing and we always had to answer Excellent!!
5. What countries did you visit? The real question should be “When are you ever going to go on a real plane ride much less visiting a foreign countery?”
6. What would you like to have in 2008 that you lacked in 2007? We are buying a house this year so we lacked that last year and more quality time with my family.
7. What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory and why? April 13th was the day that I had Connor Rex. I don’t remember the date but I loved going to the Restless Heart concert and the SheDaisy concert that I went to with my sisters, mom and aunts. Our little family vacation to California w/kids. Lots of fun
8. What was your biggest personal achievement of the year? Having Connor.
9. What was your biggest failure? I can’t really think of one. Failure is a strong word to use.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? I threw my back out for a few days but nothing to big
11. What was the best thing you bought? This picture with dried flowers in it. I can’t really describe it. I have wanted it forever and finally bought the smaller, cheaper version. One day I will have the big one.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? McKendry, she has just grown so much and really is such a sweet girl and can come up with the funniest things. Connor, he is such a sweet baby and is also growing up so fast. I can’t believe he is almost a year old! Josh, this year we decided that we were going to work our schedules so that one of us was home with the kids and they wouldn’t have to go to daycare. I know it is not always easy or fun for him. I’m not even alone with them for 12 straight hours. He does such a great job and I love watching the relationship between him and the kids. He is the greatest and I don’t think he realizes how much I love and appreciate him.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? The celebrities who get so much attention for being so stupid and disgusting.
14. Where did most of your money go? Rent, car problems and baby stuff.
16. What song will always remind you of 2007? Stay by Sugarland, No One by Alicia Keys. Kenny will sing the chorus and tell me it’s her favorite song.
17. Compared to this time last year, are you: a)happier or sadder? b) thinner or fatter? c) richer or poorer? I am happier, I was huge and pregnant and worried about having a baby this time last year! Much thinner, I think I weighed 50lbs more at this time last year and I still gained 20 more lbs before I had Connor! I’m going to say poorer right now, it sucks when everything hits you at once, medical bills, car problems and buying a house. I hope we are better next year
19. Did you fall in love in 2007? I'm always falling more in love with my husband and my kids.
20. What was your favorite TV program? The Office, Biggest Loser, Project Runway, America’s Next Food Network Star, basically lot’s of reality tv
21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? I don't hate anyone.
22. What was the last book you read? Eat to Live by Dr. Joel Furhman. Very good book on eating really healthy. Now just doing that is going to be the real test.
23. What was your greatest musical discovery? Pandora on the internet. It’s like your favorite radio station/songs on the internet.
24. What did you want and not get? A house but now I am getting one. Good things come to those that wait!
25. What was your favorite film of this year? P.S. I love you and The Ultimate Gift. Those are the only two I remember enough to want to watch again.
26. What did you do on your birthday and how old were you? Well since I had had a baby two days before we just hung out at home. I turned 25!
27. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Winning the lottery!
28. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2007? Started off with maternity clothes, still wore maternity clothes for several months after and occasionally with wear a maternity shirt now! I really need an update. Someone please nominate me for What Not To Wear!!
29. What kept you sane? Positive attitude and lots of love from the family.
30. When you think about 2007 what sticks out in your mind? Having Connor and how much McKendry grew and changed
31. Best moment of 2007? Adding Connor to our family!

I know this was long, but I'd like you to consider this a TAG if you read mine, copy it I'd love to read yours! Also I am aware that number 15 and 18 are missing but am too lazy to go back and change all the numbers!

4 comments:

  1. Congrats on the house! I'm so jealous! I am going to come out with Shar at the end of Feb. Kenny will miss school, but that's ok I guess, it will be more fun to see everyone. I'm excited to see your and Brittney's new houses and your cute little kids!--Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a clever idea to reflect back on the previous year. It's also a good way to document a journal for your family. Hopefully this year will be just as good as the last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. JEss
    You are so aweseome. I love everything about you. It is so fun to read these!-Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to see pictures of you new house! I am so excited for you. I bet you are crazy busy moving in right now.

    ReplyDelete