So I finally have a moment to breath and write the happenings of the past week. I left for my mammo conference early Tues morning the 23rd. I had to register by 8:30. First I went to the wrong Embassy Suites, luckily there was another girl at the front desk who was lost also. She ended up being one of my friends during the confernce. She is in the military and came from Guam. There was another girl in the military from Italy! It was crazy how many people were there from different states, I think there were like twenty states there. Well we found the right place, it was just down the road. I hate driving in the big cities! I could make this a really long post so I will condense it.
It was a great conference and I learned so much. I never knew it took so much work and there was so much that went into taking a mammo. It is going to be alot of work but I am excited to try something new. I was boring and mostly kept to myself and read books or went shopping. I actually liked it. Josh came down on Thursday night and we went to P.F. Chang's. It was really, really good! I wish that we had one here. I left the conference an hour early so I could make it back in time to drive to Moab for the volleyball tournament I have been wanting to play in forever.
We made it in great time and actually had time to spare before our first game. We played until 12:30am and then had to play again at 6 am! We didn't get to bed until 2 so we played on 3 hours of sleep. I was suprisingly not as sore and tired as I have been in the past. I think that I was in better shape and weighed less then I have in previous years. I did feel quite a bit older though. We did pretty good and had a ton of fun so that is all that matters. Driving home Sat night was pretty bad. It took us 2 hours to drive 30 miles! I was driving and it was snowing and blowing so bad that I stayed behind a diesel going 10 miles an hour! We finally made it to Richfield and I got to see my kids. I really missed them and am so thankful for all those who helped take care of them while I was gone. My husband and family are the best!
Jess--
ReplyDeleteI stumbled onto your blog from someone else's a while back, and I love hearing about what's going on in your life! Your kids are so cute! Our blog is blairandsara.blogspot.com if you want to check it out, but we're pretty boring. Oh, and cute house!
-Sara Finlinson Lucas
I think your house looks really nice and spacious. So I had a tone of fun with volleyball and I miss you guys. You guys were the best college roommates. It was fun to always play with you, Thanks
ReplyDeletebrooke