Sunday, February 24, 2008

McKendry's first sleepover!

So last Thursday we watched my friend Ashley's twins while she was at school. She doesn't get done until 11:00 so I decided I wanted to try a sleepover. I got alot of your crazy comments but it went really well. After a bunch of books, questions about monsters and some songs McKendry was out like a light and snoring like a hibernating bear. The twins were still a little nervous about the whole turning the light off part of going to bed so I put a lamp outside the door and then slept between them for awhile. Just when I thought they were both asleep one would wake up but pretty soon both were sleeping. I really expected some crying or waking up to go to the bathroom but we didn't hear a peep until 7:30!! I was very impressed and will have to do it more often. I was going to put a picture of them in the princess bath that they took but there are too many perverts out there so I will just have to save that one for the photo album.
I wanted to make a quick side note to myself. A couple of weekends ago I went to Delta for about 4 days. It was so much fun to be able to hang out and have time to visit with everyone. I got to work on my quilt with my grandma that we have been working on for over two years. We are almost done and I just have to get it machine quilted ($$$) and binded and then I will show a picture of it. I love it and it means so much because I was able to make it with my grandma and spend some time with her and my grandpa. I love them so so much. I also spent lots of time with my mom and dad with is always a bonus. I would have spent more time with my brother Chase but he is a 16 year old boy with friends and sports to keep him going. He is so great though I can't blame him. Well I am off to a Mammo conference this week and the long awaited volleybally tournament in Moab with the college friends this weekend. So excited I can't even handle it. Lots to blog about next week!!



No they did not all spend the night in that little bed. See above picture!




4 comments:

  1. I'm glad it went well, and I'm sure it will be the first of many many more to come!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe you attempted a sleapover. You are very brave, but I guess it worked out okay.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you guys has a lot of fun! I hope your conference and volleyball tournament goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you already breaking in the new house.

    Good Luck at the mammo confrence and with volleyball!

    ReplyDelete