Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Very Happy Easter!

We had a great Easter weekend and managed to fit quite a bit in. On Friday we headed up to Richfield. That night Diana, Stephanee, Brittany, McKendry and I went to Wingers and had dessert and a suprise little bridal shower for Steph because we weren't going to be able to make the bridal showers she was having on Sat. Saturday morning we tried to make a Easter egg hunt at the park but we were five minutes late and everyone already had their buckets full and were leaving. I think the time in the paper was wrong. It didn't matter because Diana had about forty eggs that were filled with candy for McKendry to find. She also dressed up as the Easter bunny so when McKendry came out to find the eggs she was "hopping" around the backyard and dropping more eggs. Kenny wasn't quite sure what to think and wouldn't go to close to her unless we were by her. I thought it was really cute and McKendry had a great time putting all the eggs in her basket. Connor was content to sit in the middle of the lawn with one egg.




Saturday afternoon we drove over to Delta to have another Easter egg hunt and BBQ. Kendry had a bit more competition but there were still plenty of eggs to go around and we had my Aunt Dana's huge yard to spread them out so everyone was happy. They had a trampoline which she loved to exercise on. Those were her words not mine. While the boys were playing basketball Josh and Jordan's heads collided and Jordan got a pretty good goose egg and scratch above his left eye. We also played a good game of Whiffle Ball backyard baseball. It was alot of fun.



On Sunday we had a great day at church and an awesome Sunday dinner. Mckendry got a new dress but Connor was rocking the same church clothes that we has every Sunday. I love his outfit but it is time to update the wardrobe.


My parents neighbors have a trampoline and a swing set that the kids loved. I was surpised how much Connor liked the swing and Kenny was too busy trying to get everything in before we left. We are going to have to get a swing set soon and maybe a tramp. That would mean I would have to be constant outside watching them and that would leave no time for blogging!

13 comments:

  1. Jess, How do you post in little squares like that? And Who is in that bunny costume? That makes me sad to see that family egg hunt, I wish we could have been there too. It looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Mech:

    I am glad you looked at my blog. Yeah I just started it and so I am slowly learning. Yours is so cute. I actually looked at it the other day but didn't know you could comment like this. I love it! Your family is so cute. Man they grow fast huh!Yeah, we should definitely get together. Jon is gonna be going to Hurricane once a week starting soon. Maybe I will have to ride with him a few times and visit. Well yeah call me sometime we need to get together.
    Love,

    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had tons of fun with your fam on Easter! BTW I think McKendry looks adorable with the new haircut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess looks like I missed out on some fun in with the family, poor bree only got to find colored real eggs. Its fun to see grandpa and grandma get into the festivities. I love Kenny's new hair cut! I need to come and see you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Josh and Jessica,
    I am so glad to hear from you. It looks like you and your family are doing really well. Your kids are adorable (Sorry Josh, but they take after your wife). I can't believe you have a house! That will be nice someday:) We miss you guys! Things are going well for us out in Vermont. We will be here for another year, then who knows where we will be after that. Take Care and keep in touch.
    Cody

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun weekend. You diffinatly should get a swingset. My kids love it and once you strap them into the swing, they can't go anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  7. http://nategrettawoolffamily.blogspot.com/
    i just started a new blog if you want to look at it
    I think McKendry looks like Gentry when she was little with short hair it is so cute
    Love ya Gretta

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like a fun time! I wish we could get a swing set and a trampoline too, but Jer won't let us get a tramp until we have some walls and a gate up and... well, you've heard my complaints about the cost of that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun Easter. I love all the pictures you posted. How fun that you got together with Peter's wife too. Kenny and my Elise are really close in age as well. I will be a play date friend if you want more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey...I don't know if you knew or not, but i am assuming that you didn't know that we aren't going to make the camp out! My brother-in-laws wedding is that week end! When the date got changed we had to drop out! I cried for a few days because that is the stuff I can't stand not being able to be a part of! We are coming home for the 4th of July now for sure. Especially since it's on a Friday! We can hopefully get a few extra days off and spend a while there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi!!
    Looks like you had a great Easter! Love McKendries Hair!!! when you gonna have some free time?? still wanna see your cute house!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Jessica,
    This is Megan Curtis, last time I ran into you (Cedar's Coasta Vida) you mentioned you had a blog. After I finally gave in and started one too I noticed your link on the Winters blog. It has been fun to look at all your cute pictures and see your family. Derek and I are hoping to keep in touch.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I loved all of the pictures! Your kids are adorable. Conner's smile is the cutest thing I have ever seen. Yeah we need to work together... I am in Hurricane for my student hours and working mostly weekends at the hospital! I need to hear all about mammo land!

    ReplyDelete