Saturday, August 9, 2008

The Great Quilt

My Grandma Riding and I have been working on this quilt for I think the past 4 years. I love fabric and always want to do make quilts but I am horrible at sewing and it's such a time consuming hobby and expensive. I had about six fabrics that I loved and wanted to make a quilt out of. My Grandma said she would help me and we picked out a pattern that we wanted to try and have slowly been putting it together. She did 99% of the sewing while I did the cutting out and ironing. My mom traded work on a wedding cake with a lady who machine quilts so I could get this huge quilt machine quilted. It is a little bigger then king size because I want it to reach the edges of my side boards on my bed. Thanks so much to my grandma and my mom for helping me with this quilt. Josh always said "Why don't you just go buy a new quilt it would cost alot less" It's true it would but I would not have the memories that I have and I wouldn't have spent the time that I did with my grandma and for that I would pay anything. I love my Grandma Riding so much and am so thankful for all the time she has spent with me in my life. I have loved living a block away from her while growing up. You are the best Grandma and thank you so much!!




No comments:

Post a Comment