I wasn't supposed to put this picture on here but when I saw it I almost died laughing! Josh had to help Kamber down the slide and I was very proud of him for coming to her rescue but in the process he got a serious wedgie! Priceless with the expression on his face!!
Paycen and Kendry were so cute during the parade and loved to see how much candy the other one had gotten. Kendry lost alot of hers because she was swinging her bag around and it kept falling out. She still made it home with alot and actually forgot about it and didn't really eat that much of it.


This game is becoming a tradition every time we are in Delta. We call it the Great Grape Game. We did it in honor of my brother Jordan who is in Indiana with his wife Lacy and they weren't able to make it for the 4th. The object of the game is to throw a grape as high in the air as you can and then catch it in your mouth. The success rate is not very high and the fat lips and bruised tongues are very common. The guys love it and keep doing it so that goes to show how smart and competitive they are.
The kids loved the fireworks and it was so great to see the expressions on their faces when they lit up.

We had a really fun 4th of July weekend and I took tons of pictures. We drove up to Delta Thursday night. We were supposed to get there that afternoon but we left a little later then planned and our car was overheating a little bit so we had to stop at the Wal-Mart in Cedar City and let it cool down and put more antifreeze in the car. I drove up with Gentry, Shay and the kids. Josh and Brittney were driving up a little later and after all the stops only ended up being like 40 mins behind us. On the way to Delta we were talking about getting/being married and I asked Kendry if she was going to get married and she said "No" and since she usually says yes, to Mason, in the temple and I will be a princess, I was a little surprised by this answer and when I asked her why she said "Because that puts a baby in your belly!" We laughed pretty hard. She really comes up with some funny things. Her favorite things to say right now are "That would be awesome" or "If you don't give me what I want then I won't be happy" or something similar to try to get you to give her her way. It doesn't work too well. I was pretty tired that night because I had gotten up at 4 that morning to drive into town to run 12 miles with Mary's group. I really didn't want to go on Sat. by myself and I am really glad that I went with her. It ended up being a really good run and I ended pretty strong but with tired legs!
We all got up pretty early to get ready for the parade. I got a really cute bow for McKendry's hair (thanks again Jodi) and both the kids looked really cute. Connor loved to walk but fell down alot and on the black road but thankfully he didn't get too dirty. The kids got lots of candy but I was disappointed because the library has a float every year and they throw out old books, mostly romance novels, and I enlisted all the kids to get a book and give it to me. The lady didn't throw one book to our side of the road as she passed! I couldn't believe it but Gentry brought me one that she got as she was visiting a little ways down the road. After the parade we went back to my mom's house to get stuff ready for the BBQ that we were having at my Aunt Camille's house. It was a great party with lots of food, talking and games. McKendry loved playing with the cousins and was so excited to play with Kamber and Paycen. She spent most of the day in a swimsuit, in and out of the kiddie pool and on the trampoline. We played cards, Mexican golf and had homemade ice cream as we watched the fireworks. It was a really great day. Kenny was so tired that when we went home and as she was having her bath she was falling asleep in the tub. It was hilarious and I should post the video we took of her. It was a long day but a fun one. I love the 4th!
Jess, I'm sooooo glad you posted the picture of Josh on the slide. The more I look at it the funnier it is!! I tried to descirbe it to Dustin, but nothing gives the story justice until you see the picture! Oh my gosh, that is so hilarious!!! ---robyn
ReplyDeleteJess please burn me a cd of all the 4th pictures! I wish we would have done it before I left, but burn it and bring it out to CA when you come! :)
ReplyDelete