I am just going to give a quick rundown of my day so far. It is only 10:00 but I have been up for seven hours. Why you may ask? Because I am stupid is why. As you all know from me telling, complaining and talking about it and the countdown at the top of the blog kinda gives it away but I am training for the St. George Marathon in six weeks! This morning we ran a long run of 20 miles!!! I haven't ran this far since I ran the last marathon 3 yrs ago. Even while training for that marathon the longest run we ever did was 18 miles and I think we only did that twice but this training program calls for two 20 milers. I set my alarm for 3:25 and went to bed at 9. It took me a good 40 min to fall asleep because I took a nap with McKendry earlier. The whole naptime routine makes me more tired and puts me to sleep faster then it does her. Well I had to go to the bathroom at 3:08 and there was no point in laying back down so I just got ready and drove into town to meet the girls I was running with. We drove up the course 20 miles from the finish line. It was great to see all the runners and all the water bags on the side of the road. Everyone is really supportive and most the people that passed us were really encouraging while probably thinking "Dang, it's a good thing I'm not running as slow as they are." I thought we did it in pretty good time. We started running at 5:05 and got done at 8:40. So 3hrs and 45mins to run 20 miles. I wasn't too disappointed. I did lose my keyless entry to my car that I had put in my little water belt thing that I wear but I fortunately left my car unlocked so that was great. Pointless to take the keyless entry thing in the first place if I wasn't going to lock the doors but oh well at least Josh didn't have to come in and rescue me. So pretty proud of myself but I know the next 11 hrs of work are going to be long ones because I have caught myself a couple times starting to close my eyes while typing this...................................Sorry dozed off. Everyone have a great day and please STAY AWAY FROM THE INSTACARE....I DON'T WANT TO WORK!!!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
LONGEST one yet!
I am just going to give a quick rundown of my day so far. It is only 10:00 but I have been up for seven hours. Why you may ask? Because I am stupid is why. As you all know from me telling, complaining and talking about it and the countdown at the top of the blog kinda gives it away but I am training for the St. George Marathon in six weeks! This morning we ran a long run of 20 miles!!! I haven't ran this far since I ran the last marathon 3 yrs ago. Even while training for that marathon the longest run we ever did was 18 miles and I think we only did that twice but this training program calls for two 20 milers. I set my alarm for 3:25 and went to bed at 9. It took me a good 40 min to fall asleep because I took a nap with McKendry earlier. The whole naptime routine makes me more tired and puts me to sleep faster then it does her. Well I had to go to the bathroom at 3:08 and there was no point in laying back down so I just got ready and drove into town to meet the girls I was running with. We drove up the course 20 miles from the finish line. It was great to see all the runners and all the water bags on the side of the road. Everyone is really supportive and most the people that passed us were really encouraging while probably thinking "Dang, it's a good thing I'm not running as slow as they are." I thought we did it in pretty good time. We started running at 5:05 and got done at 8:40. So 3hrs and 45mins to run 20 miles. I wasn't too disappointed. I did lose my keyless entry to my car that I had put in my little water belt thing that I wear but I fortunately left my car unlocked so that was great. Pointless to take the keyless entry thing in the first place if I wasn't going to lock the doors but oh well at least Josh didn't have to come in and rescue me. So pretty proud of myself but I know the next 11 hrs of work are going to be long ones because I have caught myself a couple times starting to close my eyes while typing this...................................Sorry dozed off. Everyone have a great day and please STAY AWAY FROM THE INSTACARE....I DON'T WANT TO WORK!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Way to go! I still can't believe you are doing this. I could never run a marathon. A friend wants me to do a half, but I don't think I can even do that. But I did a half triathlon today and it felt great! I love training.
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! WOWWWWWWIE! I would love to do that some day. That sense of accomplishment it awesome! Way to go Jess!--
ReplyDeleteYou are amazing!! I only dream of running like that. I really need to get back to my little 3 mile runs - no comparison to your 20 :) way to go girl!!
ReplyDeleteThat is so awesome!!! I am impressed. You said this is your
ReplyDeletesecond marathon. What do you do one after every child or something. You take exercise to a whole new level. Good Job
Mecham,
ReplyDeleteYou are so funny, still!! Props on running a marathon, way more than I ever could do! When did you have these kids that are grown up! Your family is adorable! Keep in touch