Saturday, September 6, 2008

Labor Day Weekend

Josh and Connor hanging out at the parade.
Kenny and Gabe waiting for the candy. They threw alot of candy at this parade.
It was really windy and Connor could barely hold his eyes open with so much wind. He loved it
Brooklyn and Gentry.
What a stud #68!!
Connor came out of Kenny's room with her shorts on his head. He thought we was so funny and actually wore it for quite awhile. He loves Oreo cookies!
This is his favorite toy. It's a dog that sings "Puppy love". He will follow you with it until you make it sing for him.

We had a really good Labor Day. Friday started out with me running 13 miles and then hanging out with the kids and Josh until he had to go to work for a few hours in the afternoon. My parents and Gentry came down around 5 and we hung out with them and then we all went to Dinner before they went to Tuachan to meet my Aunt Camille and Uncle Shane to go to Big River. We went back to Britt's and watched What Happens in Vegas.

Sat. morning I got up and ran the Peach Day's 12k. It was a fun run because before it started you wrote down what time you thought you would run the 7.5 miles in and you couldn't wear a watch and then whoever came closest to their projected time would win a prize. I finished the run 6 min faster then I wrote down. The winner last year was off by 1 second! Later that morning I helped with the YM/YW project of cleaning up the trash and emptying all the trash cans at Peach Days. People are gross and don't know what a trash can is most the time. We went shopping after this and then to Chili's for lunch. The boys all went to Sportsmans and the girls went shopping. One of the main events of the weekend was watching my brother play football. Delta was playing a team from Arizona at Dixie High. Delta won and Chase played great when he got a chance. I had taken the kids over to my Aunt Jill's because the weather was pretty windy and rainy and she wanted them so I wasn't going to argue.

Sunday I had to teach the combined YW lesson and it went pretty well. I wasn't really to nervous not that I want to teach another one anytime soon but it was a good experience. After church we went to Britt's and had dinner then the boys went looking for deer and the girls planned a bridal shower for my cousin Ashley who is getting married Oct. 3! I can't believe she is getting married but I was just a little older then her so I guess that means I am getting old!

Monday we went and helped with a final clean-up for Peach Days and then Josh took the kids home and I went into town to shop with my family. It was a great Labor day and I was excited to be able to spend so much time with my family

No comments:

Post a Comment