Sunday, October 12, 2008

New Calling!

So I know that I wrote awhile ago about our wards being realigned here and us being put in a new ward and being excited to be calling free for awhile. Well it was fun while it lasted. On Wed night after work I had a meeting with the Bishopric.

I am now the new Young Women's President in our ward! I really felt my whole body go numb and I kinda started to laugh/cry and then I said yes. It is going to be a lot of work and my weaknesses will have to become my strengths now. I don't know how prepared I am for this but I guess this calling will be as much for me as it will be for the girls. I know that if I continue to pray for help and guidance that the Lord will help me in this calling. I am so thankful for Josh and the support that he gives me. I know without him I would not be able to do this.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, you go girl! You make me look bad for telling our bishop 'No' and that was just about talking in sacrament meeting. Jaren and I are big fraidy-cats. Good luck with your new calling, I know you'll be the funnest YW President the girls have ever had!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, lucky you! I was the YW president in Nebraska and I just loved it. If you need some ideas, websites, etc., let me know. You'll be great! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jess!!! How excited am I for you to experience such a calling. I understand all of your emotions, and I wont say that it will be easy. But you will do great!!! It was one of the most challenging/rewarding experiences of my life to be the YW's Pres. If you need ANYTHING give me a call. P.S. I just got released today...hahaha:). Just kidding:).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know you will do awesome. I am excited for those girls in young womens. Good luck and I hope that you looked as good as you wanted to on sunday. We need to buy more skirts so we can borrow each others so we both can look good in church. Oh and by the way Connor can say my name too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is awesome! you will be amazing! you thought you were busy before! wow... good luck, you will do so wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jess, you will be so so awesome. What lucky young women to have you as their leader! You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You will do just fine! Kelly and I are hoping to get released from being with the sunbeams! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, that will be a huge blessing. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, congrats on the new calling! You will do AWESOME! Becky is the YW president in her ward too and was sooo nervous about it, but now she loves it and wouldn't want to do anything else. You are going to do so good, those girls are so lucky to have you!! And just think of all the girls you'll get to know that can be future babysitters for you! :) ---rob

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! Congrats, I think? haha You will do awesome Jess, the girls are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cow, you are officially going to be the busy person alive! But you will do great. I love my calling in the YW. It was a lot of work...so much to do, but worth every second.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Luck. I wish I had some advise, but I totally BOMBED when I had the calling. I can help if you need ideas for mutual though :) GOOD LUCK it will be fun

    Cassie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay- you will love YW's - I have been in the presidency a few times- I love my calling. you will be great for those girls :)

    ReplyDelete