Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Kendry just got home from preschool and I had to take a picture of her drawing. She wrote MOM all by herself and I had to get a picture of it!
I wanted to hurry and write a quick update before the Thanksgiving weekend and then I would get really behind! We were able to spend this past weekend with my family. My mom, dad, Chase and Gentry came down on Friday night and the kids gave them a fashion show with all the great deals I was able to get at Old Navy that morning. Jordan and Lacey made it down on Sat. I am so mad that I didn't get any pictures with them and with them with their cake!
Connor picking on Chase and showing off his cute new sunday outfit!


Saturday morning we had a big breakfast at Britt and George's and then went shopping. We were on the hunt for a new fridge for my parents because theirs was trashed after 10+ years of service. We finally found on and I think my mom loves it more then us! We planned a big bash for the BYU vs Utah game and we were also going to celebrate Jordan and Lacey's birthday's. My mom made a cute cake of them and we gave them some presents. After BYU threw it's 30th interception we turned the game off and headed back over to Britt and George's to play the Wii and games. I love the Wii and my family is really competitive so it gets interesting. Jordan and Chase really worked up a sweat playing the boxing game and it looked really fun so I challenged Gen to a match. It was so much fun but a rude awakening to how out of shape I am. I could literally not feel my right arm the rest of the night and I let everyone know about it! The next day is was so sore. Josh told me to start working out and quite complaining about it. He is always there for me with words of love and encouragement! We stayed up late and watched the movie Get Smart. It was pretty funny and better then I thought it was going to be.

Grandpa thought it was funny to put all the hangers on the back of Connor's diaper. It was pretty weighed down all by it's self before this!


One of my most favorite things of the weekend was the present we got from my mom. We have this long standing tradition in my family of turning over the block on this advent calendar of my parents. We would fight all the time over who got to turn over the blocks and if someone turned over the block and it wasn't their turn we would have to turn it back over so the right person could turn it over. Last year Josh took the Merry Christmas block and hid it and then sent everyone on a treasure hunt to find it. He had hid it on the top of the Christmas tree! He thinks is a funny how much we all care about this tradition. My mom has threatened to make us all one and then I could carry this on in my home! Well she delivered! I love this calendar and can't wait to hang it up and start turning the blocks over. I know that I will have to take turns with McKendry but it will be hard! j/k I just hope that she will love it as much as I do!




I also can't wait for Thanksgiving! We are going to stay here and have Thanksgiving with Josh's family in St. George at his grandparents house. They clear out the garage and set up tables and that's were we all eat! It is literally the cleanest garage I have ever seen and his grandpa has white carpet so it is a smart thing to do! I am also going to get my butt out of bed and hit the sales on Friday morning! I haven't convinced anyone to go with me so if you need a friend and you want to hit some toy sales and Krumpets then I am your girl! Let me know!!

2 comments:

  1. I have never been into video games (well OK, when I was like 8 years old and the nintendo first came out, I could be found playing a little super mario now and then..) but since then, not a fan. Lucky for me I married an oversized kid that can play his playstation all day. Maybe a Wii would be a good idea for him, at least that way he could burn some calories while he's playing. Hmm...Thanks for the great idea. I think that I'm going to be hitting the sales on Friday too, happy shopping and Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I lived down there by you, I am DYING to go to the black friday sales!! I would TOTALLY go with you!! We will be in Delta for Thanksgiving weekend, but I am tempted to turn around friday morning and hit the sales, even if it is by myself at 4 in the morning! I really don't even need anything, I just have a hard time passing up the deal!! Good luck with the sales and have a Happy Thanksgiving!! ---robyn

    ReplyDelete