Thursday, November 20, 2008

Evening in Excellence

This past week for Young Women's we had our Evening in Excellence. I stressed alot about it because it was the first big thing that we had to put together as a Presidency and I wanted it to turn out nice, I wanted the girls to be able to show what they have done and learned and I wanted to show the parents that we could put something nice together. We went with a fall decoration theme. I have an awesome lady that I work with named Connie that had boxes and boxes of fall decorations, like leaves, garlands and pumpkins, that she let me borrow. For one of our activities the girls made tin can turkeys that were really cute. We also strung lights around the room and had a cute refreshment table and display table. There were about five girls that performed talents and the rest brought displays of music, drawing, volleyball, cooking, and sewing. I was very impressed with all the girls had done. We are still trying to get the girls to get to know each other and open up more but it has only been six weeks since we have been a new ward so I think that we are doing pretty good. I was really excited to see a couple of inactive girls there and I had a chance to talk to them and say Hi and introduce myself. We had pumpkin bars, cookies and a really good drink that everyone really liked so all in all it was a good night. I am glad to have it over with because now we can move on to Christmas and getting the girls a cute Christmas gift and hopefully some fun activities for Christmas. My family is having a get together this weekend to hang out and play some games and watch the big BYU vs Utah game, do some shopping and my mom is going to help me put some decorations up in Kenny's room! Well that's all for now......

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jess! We just had our yw in Excellence too. Isn't it such a relief to have over....but now comes New Beginnings!
    How is everything going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you're doing a great job as pres! Thanks for playing at the park, it was fun! Cold, but fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey dear-We had our evening in excellence on sunday too. We did a state fair theme and it turned out really cute. I love being in young womens and being around all the girls. They are a lot of fun. Happy Thanksgiving-talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete