Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I don't want to but I will

I really have no desire to write a big long post but I don't want to forget the Thanksgiving weekend and everything else that has happened since then. So this is more for me then you!

Thanksgiving day was great! I do feel the need to tell you that yes I did make the pecan pie but it was a store bought frozen crust! I still think Josh's grandpa enjoyed it. I also was in charge of the stuffing and it turned out pretty good. There were a few changes that I would have made but all in all people liked it. We had a great time talking, playing Wii and of course eating!
Black Friday! I was a crazy one and decided to go. I recruited my friend Aubrey into going with me. I was to meet her at 4:40 in front of Wal-Mart. Kohl's opened at 4am and I wanted to get a 2 pack Tonka Truck thing for Connor. I set my alarm for 3:00pm! So when I jumped out of bed and looked at the clock it read 3:49am! Dang it I needed to be at the store already!! I threw on my clothes, kissed Josh goodbye, heard him tell me I was crazy and then I was off! People told me how crazy Kohl's would be but I didn't really believe them! They were right. I hauled butt over to the toys but the one I wanted was gone. Big surprise. There was a girl talking really loud on her cell phone and grabbing toys like it was the only toys place in town. I decided to get just one of the trucks and one other toy when I heard the girl talking in her cell phone saying she would grab three of the Tonka Trucks but didn't know how she would carry everything. I offered to carry one for her and I was handsomely rewarded for my effort. The line was ridiculous and I thought for a minute that I would just put my stuff down because it wasn't worth it when I heard this girl. Anyways I followed her to their place in line which ended up only being a ten minute wait and then I was out of there! I was truly blessed that morning!!! I made it over to Wal-mart with just the right amount of time and man the people are even crazier there. I didn't really want anything but some barbies but it was really fun to just see the crazy come out of people when they think that can get a deal. I then finished my morning at Krumpets and then headed home. I was back in bed by 7:00am! My kind of shopping.
Josh and I spent the rest of the morning decorating our house, setting up the tree and cleaning out the garage. While Con Man was taking his nap Kenny and I made snowflakes out of Popsicle stick, glue and glitter. They actually turned out really cute. I loved it when she said that the house looked "Pretty and Magical". We then went into town and went to the Santa's workshop, out to dinner and to Tuachan for the live nativity. The kids loved it and the best part was finding out that Brian Regan is coming to do a show at Tuachan May 8, 2009!!! I made sure we bought tickets that night. I am so so excited about this. My whole family is going. We are going to make it a combined graduation present for Chase and a going way party for Jordan and Lacey before they head out for the summer! I don't want to wish time away but I can't wait. If anyone out there wants tickets I suggest you hurry because I know that when word gets out they will go really fast!!
I had to work Saturday and Sunday afternoon but it was a great weekend and I love this holiday season!! If anyone has any great gift ideas for anybody in there family let me know!!

P.S. I made a terrible dinner last night. I was making a veggie pot pie and I forgot to precook the potatoes, carrots and onions! Needless to say the crust looked good but the veggies were crunchy and a very strong onion smell! I ended up giving the kids cereal and offered to make Josh some German pancakes and he told me that he would just rather take his chances with the cereal! What a brat, I did end up making the pancakes and they were good.

5 comments:

  1. So sad we missed Thanksgiving in St George. We will be there next year, but you won't so hopefully you really come here to visit soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to Kohl's too and waited in line for like 5 min. and then realized that it wasn't worth it! I love a good deal, but I'd rather pay full price than wait in line all day. All the crazy people come out at 4 am!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl! What the heck! I am so new to this blogging thing and I am so glad to have finaly found you!! Anyhow your kids are getting old! I love your cute blog! And your kids are darling! I am excited to keep in touch!

    Chanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the craziness of Black Friday shopping! We made out like bandits in Bountiful!

    Sorry about the veggie pie:(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good times! That's too bad about your dinner. It is terrible when you spend all the time and money preparing a meal to have it not be edible. I've had my fair share of those.

    ReplyDelete