Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year!

This year for New Years we drove up to Josh's parents(pictures to follow when I am not at work)we didn't get to see them over Christmas because they were up north with the new babies so we decided to go over New Year's. I had to work that Wed until 7 so we drove up after work and got there about 10pm. Kenny was wiped out and fell asleep about 30 min before his parents house and then stayed asleep while I carried her in. It was great to hold her because I rarely get the chance now that she is "grown-up". Josh was really excited because he was going to go ice fishing the next day. They didn't get to go after Christmas because it was so snowy. The next morning the kids got to open their Christmas presents and loved what they got. Kenny got a Hannah Montana microphone and pj's, a book that she can practice her letters, numbers, shapes and all kinds of other stuff. Connor got a Elmo cellphone and jacket and sweatpants. They loved everything and we had a great time while we were there. We were going to leave Friday afternoon because my brother had a basketball game in H-town and I want to see him play as much as possible since it is his last year. Josh got a phone call from his brother Jared saying that he wanted to go ice fishing the next day and they were coming down. So Connor and I met my parents and they drove us the rest of the way home and Josh kept Kenny with him. I had to work on Sat as well as get my combined lesson for YW's ready. Josh had a great time fishing except for the migraine he woke-up with. It was a great New Year's and I am really excited to see what this year will bring us!!

4 comments:

  1. I love when my dad and brothers go ice fishing on New Years. My mom and I spread everything out and just have a ball! I know what you mean about wanting to watch every game, when it's there last year. Before you know it you blink and they're in Germany on a Mission!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a good holiday, and yes!! lets do hang out three times this year. sounds great, wed take ya more if you werent so busy and far:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun to see pics of your cute family. Thanks for coming and seeing us last time you were up here. Just started rec league tonight, hoping and praying the tournaments are still on so we can play.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds like a great time! Too bad those YW lesson put a damper on weekends sometimes :(

    ReplyDelete