So I always think of things that I want to write down in the family journal/blog and then think "Well that's stupid no one wants to read about that" Then I think well this is my blog and I can write whatever I want to. So just a littel warning that you can choose to skip this post if you wish.
Last night Josh and and went to the Temple. It has been way too long since we have gone. We planned on going when I was first called to be the YW pres. but when right before we walked out the door I checked our recommends and saw that they had expired two months before! It was sad to see how long we had actually gone without going. We were going to go Thursday but so many things piled up we ended up going the next day. It turned out great to go that night. We went to the 5:20 session and ended up meeting some friends, Amy and Cameron, while they were walking in. Cameron works with Josh and we always say we are going to ge together but never do. I think it would be a great idea to meet friends at least once a month at the temple to do a session. After the session we decided to take advantage of the fact that Britt was watching our kids for us and go to dinner. We ended up at Bajo's and I called Gentry and she was going to Bride Wars with her friends. I really wanted to see that movie so Josh suggested that I go with Britt when we got home. I called her and she agreed so we ran home and we made it to the 9:15 show. I really liked that movie alot and I think that it wouldn't be a bad one for guys to go to as well. Today I am at work and need to get my handouts ready for my joint lesson tomorrow. So I better start doing that!
Isn't it amazing how quickly you forget the feeling of going to the Temple? And then after you go you think, "we've got to do this more often" and then "things" just pile up. I wish I could say I was better but it's definitely something I want to work on. I'm glad you finally got to go and what a fun night it turned out to be. Miss ya!
ReplyDeleteJess, that would be so fun if you came out here for Disneyland! I'm bummed that your birthday is the week of Easter though because we are blacked out that week! Keep planning that trip, we just wouldn't be able to go to Disneyland with you. Oh, and Connor is free until he's 3, so one less admission:)
ReplyDeleteGlad you and Josh were able to do a session at the Temple! I know how life seems to get in the way - especailly with work kids and the little busy things! I love the feelings I get at and after the Temple - life seems more simple and wonderful!
ReplyDelete