I think I left my camera cord at my parents and I don't want to wait until I get it back before I write about the 4th. I love going to Delta for the 4th. We went up on Friday and after a few dozen stops along the way we made it up there around 3. We really need to get a new DVD player for the car cause that drive is getting longer and longer the older the kids get.
When we got there we immediately wanted to start playing Mexican golf but wanted to play in the shade of my parents trees but they had a bunch of limbs that hung down way to low and the balls would have gotten stuck. Fortunately for my parents their neighbor came to rescue the day with clippers, ladders and garbage cans and got Josh and my dad rolling on trimming down the branches. My kids love playing in the neighbors yard since they have a tramp, swing set and sandbox. They both get so dirty and Connor loves to pour sand all over himself and anyone who gets to close to him. We got a call from my Uncle Shane that Dustin had brought over his huge water slide and that we should come over. So we had a great time sliding down the slide and Kenny impressed me with how brave she was to go down the slide by herself. She wouldn't touch it last year. Connor need some "encouragement" from Josh but he did like going down it. That night there was a big volleyball tournament that started at 8 and went all night. Gentry and Chase were playing in it so around 9 we went and watched a couple of their games. The mosquito's were terrible but it was fun to watch them and they both ended up winning their pools and getting shirts. On the way home I told everyone that I wasn't feeling that great and was kinda nauseous. Everyones' first response is "Oh are you pregnant?" No I am not but that morning at about 3:30 am I threw up and again at 4:30 and I felt crappy the rest of the day. I was really mad cause I was supposed to run in a 5K race with my Aunt Dana and wasn't able to.
The parade was okay this year. McKendry loved it and got quite the bag of candy. Thanks to the 'Redhead Girls' for keeping the older boys away from her so she had a chance to pick anything up. We are going to have to work on her aggressiveness! After the parade we walked around the park for a minute and Kenny wanted to ride the horses. Connor kept saying "I ride the horse too" Well it's a good thing Josh only bought one ticket cause when it came time for him to ride he would have nothing to do with it. He did pet the horse though. After that I was ready to go back to my mom's and rest.
We got all our food ready for the BBQ we had at my Aunt Camilles. I made some "Firecracker" shrimp and they were really spicy. I don't like shrimp unless it's deep fried but I know that Josh likes them so I did it for him. Well my Uncle Neal I guess loves shrimp but is pretty allergic to them. When he saw that we were having shrimp he left to go home and get his epi pen so he could have some shrimp and be okay if he had a reaction! We also made some adorable little hamburger desserts. I have a picture that I will post of them. It was a great day of food and fun. After that we left and got ready to go watch the fireworks. They were really good this year and I was laying in the back of the truck and fell asleep for a few minutes while watching them. Connor did as well but Kenny was totally into them.
Sunday was a nice relaxing day filled with church, watching the Wimbledon Men's Final which was incredible and playing some games. We got home really late but it was a great weekend and I can't wait for next year!
Sounds like an awesome weekend...minus you being sick. Can't wait to see all the pictures!
ReplyDeletehey, I am trying to fix the header... but it's late, so hopefully I will get the problem worked out soon. If you like this template or dislike it, let me know.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny about your Uncle Neal! I love it. I'm glad you had so much fun. Delta does have the best 4th's I have ever been to.
ReplyDeleteGlad you had fun in Delta! Hope you enjoyed your GNO thing too. We will be home in one week from today! Miss me yet?! Tell Josh hi and hope he has enjoyed his time with you since I will be taking your mornings to run again.
ReplyDelete