Tuesday, September 1, 2009

We are surviving.....


So we are now on day 6 of potty training and things are going pretty good.

Day 1- He is very excited to wear the underwear. So excited that we had 10 underwear changes in 2hrs. I am starting to rethink this potty training thing. He makes it through nap time dry, poops in his undies that night, and makes it through the night dry!

Day 2- Wakes up dry, always goes when I take him to the potty, he still won't tell me if he has to go, makes it through nap time dry, has a accident at 5 because I don't point his shooter down far enough (we are teaching him to pee sitting down), he poops again in his undies that night. Makes it all night dry.

Day 3- We are doing awesome, he stays dry, still doesn't let me know if he has to go, makes it through nap time and the night dry. No poop.

Day 4- Church-a little worried but he does awesome, even tells me he has to go potty, I soon realize this is a ploy to get out of sacrament, sure wish Josh wouldn't have chosen to sit on the third row where we are seen getting up and down all hour long. Stays dry and does great all day. No Poop

Day 5- He wakes up wet but we also gave him lots to drink before bed and didn't take him before he usually wakes up like the book suggests. Does great. No poop

Day 6-today- He is doing awesome but he hasn't pooped in 4 days! I have been giving him some Mira lax to hopefully make things easier for him but nothing so far. I am scared for when the bomb hits and hope it is tonight while I am at YW. Hopefully Josh catches him and they make it to the toilet before hand!

Well that is all folks! I was about to give up and try again in four months but Josh said we needed to hold strong and we have kept on keeping on and there will be no turning back. Thanks for all the support!


Does he not look so grown up!



6 comments:

  1. That is awesome-sounds like he is doing really well. Whitley is doing good to except for the #2 part-we are still working on that. I can't believe how big underwear makes them luck-congratulations!
    steph

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job with not giving up. It always seems like you made a mistake when you start, but it sounds like he is doing great. Good luck with catching the ticking time bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds familiar to our week! Jack didn't poop for 4 days when we started because he didn't want to in the potty, until I saw him start trying and I just held him over the potty while he was kicking and screaming, but had no control that it was coming out! I call it a success! He is still pretty hesitant to go in the potty, but I can usually talk him into it. Max can't unfortunately, so the nights when I am at work, Jack waits till Max puts him to bed and then goes and its a bigger mess to clean up! The joys of these boys, huh!

    Glad he is doing so well! It will all be worth it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teaching him to pee sitting down? I am glad he is doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's awesome! I'm glad he's doing so well! He does looks so grown up, I love his little personality, that first picture says it all:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If it's any consolation, I only saw you get up once and thought, "Oh, Connor must have successfully potty trained! Awesome."

    ReplyDelete