Sunday, November 1, 2009

Its LATE!!

So it is 1:30am in the morning and I am at work. It has been way too long since I have made a new post and there are a bunch of things that I want to write down. I also have a bunch of pictures but those will have to come later. I have also decided that I really need to treat this blog as more of a journal and write down more of the little stuff that happens regardless of whether I have a picture to go with my post. So on to the journaling!

For the last couple of weeks Josh has been working from home. He is working for a company called GeoQuest Tech. I know he is over the website and a bunch of other things but I don't know exactly what it all entails. I do know that he is really liking it and and is always on his computer. It is a new company so it's a risk for him to take but with no risk comes no reward and my fingers are crossed that this works out! If not my dream of moving in with my parents could come true!!

Kenny has been saying some pretty funny things lately. I don't remember them all and I wish I could but here are a few I do remember.
(I was already frazzled because we were late getting to preschool cause Kendry took the garage door opener off my visor and we couldn't find it and I didn't want to leave the garage door open. The neighbors dog was loose and had already tried to get in our garage. Anyways I found the clicker and we were off.) I was taking Kenny to preschool and a car ran the stop sign in front of us on the right. If I would have been 5 sec faster they would have hit us and it was on Avery's side. I yelled"What an idiot!" and I also honked at him. From the back seat I hear "Mom, that's not a very nice word. Remember we talked about this?" "Yes, I do. Sorry I shouldn't have said that. It wasn't very nice." I had called another drive an idiot a few days earlier and I told her that I shouldn't have said that. She has a steel trap of a memory and I have an issue with a little road rage.
I love the movie Toy Story and could seriously watch it every day. I did for awhile when we turned off our t.v. several months ago. Josh told me the other day that she came into the office while he was working and said "Dad, you have to come here right now." "Okay just a minute, Kenny." "No, Dad I don't have time for that." So Josh went with her into our room where they were watching t.v. and she said "Oh no we missed it. There was an ad for Toy Story and we HAVE to get that for Mom for Christmas." What a cutie.
Her soccer season is over and I don't know whether she will play again. She didn't really show much interest for it and looked forward to the treats and sitting out more then kicking the ball. I wish there was a gymnastics class in our town. My dad wants me to put her in golf as soon as she can. She did say the other day when Josh asked the kids what they wanted to be when they grew up and I couldn't understand what Connor said but Kenny said "Don't tell Grandpa, it's a family secret, but I want to be a Golfer." She did go golfing with him several months ago and I guess it made a big impression on her.
She is really in to telling secrets and having family secrets. She did tell me a great secret tonight. She came up to Josh and said "Dad, I love you." I said "Where's my I love you?" She said "Mom I have a secret for you and it's not a family secret it's a girl secret. I love you more then Dad." I told her thank you and I love you to. I know she was just telling me that to make me feel better. I know she loves me but Josh is to go to parent. He is more fun then I am. I am the stricter one.
She is loving preschool and learning alot. I think she would be able to read but I don't really push her on it. She loves her brother and it's the best to hear them laughing together. Not so great to hear them fight but its fun more then it's fight. They are sharing a room and so far it is working out.
Right now Kenny has croup. She has had a cough that has just gotten worse over the past couple of days. Well at work tonight I had Josh send me a audio text of her cough and I had one of the doctors in the ER listen to her and they both said. "oh that's croup" I have a prescription for her and Josh has a long night of coughing until I can get home!
Connor is just a stud lately. I love this 2yr old stage. I just love the way he talks right now. I don't really know how to explain it but it's like he puts the subject at the end of his sentence. He also has a lisp and doesn't pronounce his R's very well. I love it when I say "I love you Connor" and he says back "I love you to Mom."
We have a favorite game that we play called "Save Me." Josh or I will grab one of the kids and they will yell to the other one to save them. If Connor is doing the saving then he really gets into the action and grunts when he tries to move your arms. We also have a classic game that we play called "Hide". Basically we hide under the covers and "try" to be quiet while the other person tries to find us. It's so obvious where we are but the kids love it. We played this game when Kenny was little and she loved it. If you are searching for Connor and he is hiding all you have to say is "Connor where are you" and he will say "In here!" He loves to play hide and seek and he can count to 10. He also loves to say the meal prayers. More often then not he will be saying the prayer and sneaking bites of food at the same time. I admit to peeking at him and seeing him with his head bowed and his hands reaching for his food.
Some of his favorite foods are cereal, mac and cheese, cheese sticks, candy and toothpaste. I am always catching him trying to suck on the toothpaste tube. It's not good for him but he does have fresh breath alot. He loves the song "Bring Green Tractor." He is just such a joy and I could not ask for better kids.
Not much new with me if you don't count the slow slide into a bigger size of jean. I don't know what my problem is. I would say I was depressed but I don't feel unhappy I just like to eat and I have not been that motivated to work-out. I still go running a few times a week but not enough to combat all I am eating.
I am so excited for Gentry and Andrew's wedding this coming Friday! I am so glad that they are one of the waiting for a missionary success stories. I really like how comfortable Drew is with our family and we don't have to worry about offending him with our outspokenness or competitiveness. He fits in great. My biggest worry is what to get them for Christmas because they will be getting everything they need next week.
Today or yesterday if you want to get technical (the time change also just happened so it is now 2am not 3am like it should be!) we went to the St. George Temple and Gentry got her endowments out. It was such a great experience and brought back memories of my first time going to the temple. We had a great lunch at Brick Oven and then it was on to getting the kids ready for trick or treating. I will write about that when I have all the pictures to post with it. Right now my fingers are tired from all the typing. Oh I am also typing this on our new laptop. I have not been the biggest fan of getting one but I must admit I am loving it. We have only had it one day but it has been fun. It is totally a Josh thing but he is telling me it's mine so that he feels better about buying it. Whatever works for him cause I know that I will use it alot.

5 comments:

  1. Smart thinking on the journaling. I had a few little laughs, you have some cute stories. Yesterday was fun, sure glad we waited for you.....seriously didn't know you were even thinking of coming till you called. The kids were darling, and I can't quit smiling thinking of Conners waggle tail! Sorry to hear about Kendry's croup, hum maybe I should go into the medical field....didn't I diagnose that! I need credit where ever I can get it1 Ha Ha! Let's get some pictures posted now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Grace keeps getting me when I say the word Stupid. I only say it about non-people, though, and the other day she called me stupid. Oh, it was Trouble. Right here in River City.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh poor girl i kinda thought that was it with the cough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jess, I know you already know this, but your kids are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey i'll redo the pictures after I get some from Gentry's wedding... I just wanted to get a mock up done! :) Let me know what you think! xoxo!

    ReplyDelete