Monday, October 12, 2009

Pumpkin Patch 2009 Minus the Pumpkins

I have alot of catching up to do and this post shows it. McKendry started soccer a few weeks ago and the lucky girl gets me as her coach. I am the only one that said yes. I guess having absolutely no soccer experience doesn't make me unqualified for a coaching position. Granted all I do is yell "Kick the ball", "No, we are going the other way", "Kenny, get up and kick the ball", "Kenny, stop playing in the net.", "Yes that was a good cartwheel Kendry now go kick the ball." Oh and I can't forget the half-time fruit organizing or the after game treats as well. She does make a cute soccer player if not a very aggressive one. My dad says a little less princess and some more athletic playtime is what she needs. I think it's just fun to watch if a little frustrating.
This is Kenny's #1 fan. He loves to watch her play so much that I get to hold him while running around the field because "he wants to hold me". If I don't want him to hold me then he cries and it gets ugly. It's a good think Josh has made it to most of the games because that 32 mins of playtime would drag. He gets lucky and gets to have the treats as well.
This is a totally random picture but the other day he came into the living room and I saw his hair and immediately thought of The Little Rascals movie.
Last Friday we went to Andrew and Gentry's softball games. They ended up taking first but it was a cold night in Cedar. This little bundle of joy got to come with us and I can't get enough of her!
The happy All-Star couple.
Saturday the 10th we went to the Stahlie Farms Pumpkin Patch. We meet our friends the Thomas's there. I am hoping this picture makes it into a wedding video in about 20yrs.....
These triplets would love to add Kenny to the mix but I won't give her up and I don't think Shelly would want Quad's!
The animals that Connor was most excited to see where the chickens. After that he high tailed it to the slide and the swings.
Kendry was more brave then I thought she would be and really got close to the animals.
Chase can not take a normal picture!
She even got into the pen to pet the animals. I wouldn't even do that!
They loved this slide. I wasn't expecting 80 degree weather so the kids were a little toasty in there pants and long sleeves. You can see it in their red faces.

I would love to have one of these in my backyard! He just jumped right on and started saying "Ride'um Cowboy" He does the same thing to me if I am ever on my knees or laying down. He will just come and jump on you can want you to start acting like a horse.
Kendry liked it as well.
Josh got the job or wheel turner for about 15mins. He did get his head knocked a few times.
What a cute couple!
We had some free tickets for the train ride that we got at Peach Days last month. I actually saved them and brought them with us. I didn't know how Connor would react since he cried the whole time last time. He loved it even when Kenny abandoned him to go ride with Brooke.
That is a smile!
Brooke and Kendry
We saw the kids having so much fun that we dared each other to go on the train ride. We felt a little foolish riding the kid ride and I'm sure the teenager that was driving thought we were lame but it was a riot!
Not exactly sure what is going on here.
Again love this girl. She is growing up so fast!
He climbed up here like he was all set to jump and I think he was waiting for me to tell him no but I thought if he was going to do it then I would let him try. He looked down for awhile and then promptly climbed down.
Got a little hay in his mouth.
I just think this picture is so cute of my dad and Connor swinging together.
It was a great weekend. I'm so glad that my parents were able to come down as well as Chase, Gentry and Andrew. We missed Jordan and Lacey but hopefully we can all do it next year. Next up the the calender is Gen's bridal shower!!

2 comments:

  1. What a fun place to go. And what perfect weather. I do love St. George Fall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So not fair that you know how to change your backgrounds, you put the rest of us to SHAME! Pumpkin patch looked fun, Your sisters crack me up, and little Avery is the cutest "little" munchkin out there. Looking forward to seeing you and Josh dress up this year.....can't wait!!!!

    ReplyDelete