My Grandma Riding passed away today. She found out on Monday that she had some aneurysms that could burst at anytime. She was in a lot of pain and I am glad that she didn't have to suffer for very long. I am going to miss her so so much. We grew up a block away and spent almost as much time at her house as we did our own. My Grandma was the best and was always so glad to see us. I am so thankful for the chance I had to spend time with her over this past weekend and that I got to talk to her yesterday and tell her that I loved her. My Grandpa is going to be lost without her. He says he wished the Lord would take him with her but I don't think I could take losing them both so close together. He is going to have to have his other leg amputated from the knee down after the first of the year. Who knows how he is going to make it through that surgery. So needless to say this has been a very rough day. Her funeral is next Wed on Dec. 6th, the day of their 60th wedding anniversary.
Thinking of you and your family. Wednesday is the 9th, isn't it? My grandpa died on the 4th of July, and I've always thought he did that on purpose.
ReplyDeleteOh Jess, I'm so sorry! I'm so sad right now.. I didn't know her all that well but from what I do know and all the things all her grandkids have told me I know she was a wonderful woman and is going to be missed SO much!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry about your grandma. It is so hard to lose grandparents. Celebrate her life and memories. HUGS
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry Jess. Your Grandma was a wonderful lady. So sorry for your loss. Your family is in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry. When you loose a grandma especially one whom you are so close to it's so hard. She helped you grow up to be the neat person that you are so she must have been one great woman!
ReplyDeleteSo sorry Jess. Losing grandparents is not fun. At least she's not suffering anymore. She's a tough lady, you guys are in our prayers.
ReplyDeleteI remember paying dress up at your grandmas house and borrowing a basket so we could have a real picnic. I never knew my Grandmas thanks for sharing yours
ReplyDeleteJess,
ReplyDeleteSo sorry to hear about your grandma. It is never fun to lose a loved one especially during the holiday season. Please know that I am thinking about you at this time.
Love,
Steph
I am soo sorry. When reading facebook, I thought it said your grandpa. I am sorry either way because they are such great people. Very welcoming.
ReplyDeleteSorry to hear this, Jess. My grandparents have been gone for years, but I still miss them a lot. Just remember all the things that made her special and do your best to pass on that feeling to your kids.
ReplyDeleteWe will all see her again someday. This week has been a hard one for sure!
ReplyDelete