Friday, March 26, 2010

Day 4

On Tuesday we headed to the Pearl Harbor Memorial in the morning. It was weird to be somewhere that you had learned about in history and to see the ships and submarines. It definitely gives you a greater respect for those that served and are serving our country. After the Memorial we hiked up Diamond Head. I didn't realize how out of shape I was and wished I would of had a cane or something to use! There sure are alot of stairs but the view was very worth it. After the hike we headed back to the resort for the Luau that night. We decided to go to the Luau at the resort instead of the one at the PCC because it was put on by a guy who had worked there and it was nice to have it right where we were staying. It was a great Luau with good food and awesome cake. I think Mel and I would have taken a whole cake with us if we could of got away with it. The way the guys moved with the flaming sticks and the hip action on the hula dancers was awesome. It was a great day but I sure was ready for bed that night! I can't get the pictures in the right order so oh well.

This is us before the hike

Inside the submarine at Pearl Harbor.

On top of the sub

U.S.S Arizona Memorial

The view from the top of Diamond Head.

The guys went wild with the tattoos. Got to love Josh's Sun, Cory's butterfly and Darin's sting ray.

We were a little less crazy and went with the turtles.

Awesome dancers and pretty easy on the eyes!

Josh got to go up on stage and show his hula moves.

very impressed with how well he can shake it.

I kept waiting for their clothes to catch on fire. It was pretty awesome to see.

This was my favorite dancer!

1 comment:

  1. I can see why he's your favorite :) I can't wait for Josh to put on a performace for everyone to show off his new skills as a hipshaker!

    ReplyDelete