Monday, March 22, 2010

Monday Day 3

Monday we woke up around 5am! The time difference was quite something to get used to. It did make the days seem to be really long though. This day we just hung out and went grocery shopping. We did swim one of the four private lagoons that the resort had. Darin and I swam out to the rock barrier and I grabbed onto the rock wall to not get knocked back by a wave and got stung by a sea urchin! I must say that was very painful. My finger started to bleed and there was no way I was going to be bleeding in the ocean! I swam pretty fast back to shore. The workers at the towel hut tried to give me tweezers to pull the little spiny things out but they just broke off and stayed in my finger. I still have a few in there. After getting some vinegar poured on my finger I was good to go. Josh offered to put his own kind of "vinegar" on my finger but it didn't hurt that bad!
This is in front of the lagoon.



The swim pools were awesome at this place. They had a pretty fun slide that went through the rocks. Good times were had on that slide.

The resort had this great welcome party and this guy was the entertainment. He is pretty well known but I can't remember his name. He worked at the Polyensian Cultural Center for 22 yrs before doing his own thing. He was also the guy in charge of the Luau that we went to on Tues night.

This guy made us the cute palm leaf crowns. I think he liked me!

Beautiful sunset on the first night

6 comments:

  1. So so jealous. You look like you guys had a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like fun to me! I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't blame you for getting out of the ocean fast as to avoid a shark attack. Smart thinking. The water looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you guys had a great time. Beautiful sunset picture. Just noticed the baby jensen counter at the top of your blog. I'm so happy for you guys:) Are you going to find out what your having???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous--- looove Hawaii!! Glad you had a great time :) I didn't know you were having another little one, Congrats!!!
    Loves

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love josh's face as he is coming out of the slide. I clicked on it to enlarge it so I could get the whole effect. I can't wait to see more pictures.

    ReplyDelete