Sunday, May 2, 2010

Journaling

This Sunday I am teaching in YW and the lesson is on Journaling. The main reason for me having this blog is to use it as a journal and for the most part I feel like I am doing a decent job of it but after reading through my lesson I realize that I am leaving out parts of our days and lives that I want/need to record but am leery to because I don't really know if I want any and every one to read my thoughts on everything. I know I am a super open person but even I have reservations about sharing everything. I don't think a blog should only be about the good things that are going on but I should write the bad/hard things as well because they will only make the good things that much better. There was a quote in the lesson that I really liked by President Spencer W. Kimball it says "Those who keep a personal journal are more likely to keep the Lord in remembrance in their daily lives." I know I need to be reminded more often of all the things in my life that I am thankful for and for what the Lord has done for me. So here's to the attempt at more personal blogging and journaling!



This weekend my parents came down for the wedding of a son of the family my Dad has been the home teacher of for the past ten years! I'm really glad the wedding was in St. George because it gave them and excuse to hang out with us. Josh had a last minute meeting in Phoenix so he was gone until early Sat. morning. Friday we hung out, went shopping, ate at Smashburger (which was awesome) and stayed up late watching the Jazz game. My parents left early Saturday to finish helping Gentry and Andrew move back to Delta and to take some of Chase's stuff with them. Josh and I spent the day being pretty lazy or at least I did with a trip to Wal-Mart and a three hour nap. The only thing I will miss about no longer working the graveyard shift besides the money is the nap I get to take as an excuse to make it through the night. I don't get to play the pregnancy card and win very often even though I do use it alot.



I really do love this girl so much. I know I am harder on her then I am on Connor and when I tell people that they say it's because "It's a girl thing or A mom and daughter thing" All I know is I need to take a major chill pill with her and learn to talk quieter/nicer. She sure made us all crack up this weekend. Here's a recap of the conversation. My Mom, Britt, Gentry and I were playing the dice game, Connor had just woken up from a nap super ornery and Kenny was teasing him. I told her "Stop teasing him, he is being really sensitive right now." She said "Fine he's insensitive and I'm a nerd!" We all started to laugh at that and she got embarrassed and went and hid in a corner in the living room and then we hear her say "I'm not going to eat my pizza, even if I want it!" I say "okay you don't have to but that's your choice" then we hear her say "I'm an Idiot!" We chuckled at that but then I told her "Hey, we don't say that" and then jokingly I said "do you want your mouth washed out" and she says "Sure!" I am laughing just writing this. She is a sensitive little thing and loves to be reassured that you love her. Which we all do.



This little man is a crack up as well. He is officially potty trained. I can say this because after the first few nights of waking up to a wet bed we decided to use pull-ups just during the night. He does really good during the day but sleeps like the dead. After our supply of "night time underwear" ran out we decide it was time to quite using them. Since I get up a few times a night to go to the bathroom myself we just take him once during the night and he wakes up dry. It's been great to not buy diapers but I know I should still be buying them in advance for this next baby. This is his newest face he likes to make when you ask him to be silly.

This is a face we see alot of. This kid is quite the cryer. He is really sensitive and crys at the drop of a hat. If he is tired or hungry or just not feeling it then the whining and crying are intensified by 10. Thankfully the whiny/crying episodes don't last to long but we need to toughen this kid up. I must admit that I do like to hold him and console him quite a bit so that might attribute to the softness of him. He can grow up later and still be my baby for now.

We had a fun mid-week date night on Wed. Britt, George, Lexie, Brian, Andrew, Chase, Josh and I went up to Zion's and watch Avatar in 3D on the HUGE screen. I have never really been interested in watching this movie but figured if I was ever going to then I should really see it on the big screen. I was worried about the 3D aspect of it and the length of the movie compared to the smallness of my bladder. Happy to say that I did not leave the movie once. I am also happy to say that I really liked the movie. It was pretty incredible what they were able to do with that movie and I would watch it again. Can't say that about too many movies. It was also nice to watch it with family. I with Josh on one side and Andrew on the other. Andrew had already seen the movie and if anyone has ever watched a movie with me then you know I talk and ask questions about it through out especially if I know you have seen it before. I apologized to Andrew for doing this after like the 10th question and he said "Don't worry about it. It's like watching a movie with Gentry." I thought it was pretty funny. Good thing I didn't sit by Britt or I would not have left her alone.


2 comments:

  1. You know what sight I love for private journal-ing.
    ldsjournal.com
    It is so great and easy to use. I'll go months without anything and then all of the sudden I write 6 entries a week. Plus, I love that you can go back and create an entry on a day weeks after it has passed.

    Just a thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree about blogging/journaling. People only ever write what is good in their lives, and I think we become delusional looking at others blogs when their lives seem wonderful and blissful. I find myself not looking at blogs altogether because I just get too sad realizing that everyone else's lives are awesome and mine is not. Its a good reminder that not everything is as it seems and we all probably have things we could work on.

    Horray for the potty training! I still make Jack wear pull ups at night because I dont' want to get out of bed and take him. Lazy Mom.

    ReplyDelete