Sunday, November 28, 2010

Thanksgiving Part 2

*** I am so mad at myself for not having any pics of Thanksgiving with Josh's family. The battery in our camera was dead so I took it to charge at his Grandma's and I forgot about it and left it there all weekend. I want to make sure I take pics of the things we do with Josh's side of the family as well as mine.***

We had a great Thanksgiving with Josh's family. It was a big one this year. I think there were around 56 people but that includes kids as well. I made rolls and a pecan pie. I like how the rolls turned out but the pie kinda boiled over in my oven so there was a bunch of smoke coming out of it from burning the pie filling.
We spent lots of time eating and catching up with family. At one point during the evening everyone had left and it was just our little family hanging out with Grandma and Grandpa Great. It was fun cause we got to talk to them and play the Wii. I have a mental pic of Kenny showing Grandma her gymnastic skills and Connor laying down on the couch by Grandpa when he was trying to get a little cat nap in. I love Josh's Grandparents. His Grandpa just turned 80 on the 14th but they seem much younger then that. They are in the process of trying to sale their home down here so it will be a sad day when they don't live down here for half the year.
Friday morning we just kinda hung out and straightened up the house. We headed into St. George and Josh took the kids swimming with Jared and Parker. Diana, Britt, Lawson and I headed to the Dixie Center to check out Santa's Workshop. There was only a couple of things that I would have bought but I kept telling myself that I could make that even though it's highly unlikely that I will.
After the shopping fun we went back to the hotel and just hung out till it was time to head to Tuachan to watch the live Nativity. It was short and sweet and wasn't too cold.
Saturday Josh went Elk hunting while I stayed home and tried to decorate for Christmas. There are still plenty of decorations lying around if anyone would like to come tell me where they should go.

1 comment:

  1. bahahahahahahaha to that first paragraph good for you!!

    ReplyDelete