Almost 2 years ago we painted Kenny's room pink. Bubble gum pink. This was when she was in the room all by herself. Over that two years Connor has moved into her room and since been surrounded by pink. He is a pretty sensitve kid and I have been teased that it is because he sleeps in such a pink room! Well last weekend we decided that it was time to put the boys together and Kenny could have her own room. Well the pink room is the bigger of the two so was naturally the room to have the boys in. There was no way Josh was going to let 'his boys' sleep in a pink room.
I thought alot about how I wanted to paint the room and what colors to use and if we wanted to do stripes or accent walls. It made my head hurt! I am not a great desginer so I looked at alot of websites and magazines for ideas. Well I decided to go with a light blue overall color with stripes of orange, green and dark blue. We really like how it turned out and all I need to do now is get some pictures and stuff on the walls.
Final look at the pink room!
Thanks to Kenny for the picture taking.
Hello baby blue! I totally recommend getting the Behr paint and primer paint. It went on great and we only needed one coat!
Gen came down and helped us and it was a good thing she did. She was a great help.
We had to take a break for a mother/daughter self portrait.
She is a great self portrait taker! I love these pics of her.
We went through a big roll of frog tape to get all the stripes we wanted.
Stripes are painted but tape is still on.
Wah La! We really like it but don't look to close to the stripes because they are not perfect but we are going to say that that is the way we wanted them to look. The room is definitely a boy room now!
Lawson is happy with his new room!
And so is this male model!
Great idea! Love the stripes! I would have been pretty nervous because I am the kind of person that cannot get things straight! I would have had crooked lines! We should have a BBQ sometime soon. My mom has one of those blow up jumping toys that the kids to play on in our backyard. We will have to see if our schedules will allow us to hang out one night!
ReplyDeleteThe room does look so good! I was so happy to help! Lets start getting some good ideas for Kenny's room with lots of stripes!!!!! Josh already told me was ready for more stripes!
ReplyDeleteLooks awesome! I LOVE Connor's pose in that last one. Haha.
ReplyDeleteIt looks sooo cute! And so boyish!
ReplyDeleteGood job Jess!! I love it, the room turned out so good. That boy has some serious skills...modeling skills :)
ReplyDeleteIt looks way nice. I am having a hard time thinking of colors to paint all the rooms in our house.
ReplyDeleteLove the room! Now I know who to call when I need help painting. Those kids of yours are so dang cute, we will have to come and see the room in person.
ReplyDelete