Monday, April 18, 2011

Connor's Bday Party---holy pictures!

We had a birthday party on Thurs. for Connor.  I went with a construction theme and had a great time decorating for it. I may have gone a little overboard for a 4yr old party but like I told Josh I could of done alot more!  We had four little boys come to the party and it was like a big play date.  I moved the train table out into the living room and the boys just played with that for a little while.  Then we played Dump, Dump, Truck.  I had some coloring pages with construction trucks on it for the boys to color but the only one who ended up coloring was Kenny!  We then went outside to play around and the boys took turns driving the little jeep that we have.  Josh actually ended up guiding them from behind so they didn't drive the jeep into the house or the rocks! Next up was opening birthday presents and he got some water guns, Nerf gun and trucks.  He loved them!  After the birthday presents we had Dump Truck cake.  The boys loved getting cake out of the back of the dump truck with a shovel and there were worms in the cake!  The final game of the party was a #4 pinata.  The boys had a great time swinging the bat at the pinata and loved the candy that they got out of it.  A couple of the boys made my day when they said "This is the BEST birthday party ever!"  I love how easy 4yr olds are to please.
Connor and Lawson in their construction hats.  I kinda think LJ could pass as Bob the Builder!

Laws and Kenny

Marshall, Brig, Connor, Tavish, Henry, Kenny
Party Favor table

Road sign decorations
Birthday Boy!

Kenny coloring away.
A happy little brother
Connor having a fun time outside.
Decorations in the front.
This is how old he is.

Helping me put the mud aka pudding in the truck.

The Dump Truck Cake.  Next time I would make more "dirt"

Blowing out his candle.

The cake was loved by all.

Avery gave the pinata some loving taps.

Connor gave it some stronger love taps

Kenny was beating it pretty good! 

The birthday boy definitely had his hands full with all the candy he got.


And this little buddy just got to hang out.  I couldn't get the picture to turn.  oh well.

6 comments:

  1. Where did you get all the construction stuff? DId you steal it off the road by your house??? Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the party theme! I have a feeling that will be Beau's vote for Blake's first birthday! Lawson is such a cutie! we need to get them together and play!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Henry had a wonderful time. I'm glad you were able to pry him away from the trains for a picture. You are an awesome party thrower!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome birthday party! I think I am going to have to use some of your ideas. The dump truck cake looked so cute and delicious. Definately a win win there. Wow. I just love all of it. Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! (And....it's a good thing I like you. Otherwise I'd report your road sign picture to that guy we know on the city council. Ha ha.)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are such a cute mom, good job on the birthday party! Where did you steal all your road signs?? lol :)

    ReplyDelete