Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas Eve

On the Friday night my parents came down to spend Christmas with us.  I had promised the kids that we would have a sleepover in front of the Christmas tree and Friday was the night.  I slept in the middle of the kids on the air mattress until about 2:30am when I headed to a much bigger bed.



Christmas Eve was spent just relaxing at home.  I honestly can't remember what we did during the day since I am writing this post four days later.  I know that we had a good time though.  We went over to the Hadleys for dinner and Lavar gave us some super cute wood birdhouse ornaments that he had made.  When we got home we got the cookies ready for Santa.  Lawson enjoyed one as well.


My parents decorated gingerbread Santa sleighs with kids.  My dads was pretty impressive I must say.


The kiddos had a special delivery waiting for them...



Their Christmas PJ's!





Since we don't have a fireplace hence no chimney the kids were worried that Santa wouldn't make it into our house...No worries we had Grandma bring her Magic Santa Key that we hung on the door so Old Saint Nick would be able to bring the kids some presents.

Kenny left a cute note for Santa and a bowl of water for Santa's reindeer.
We had a great Christmas Eve but an even better Christmas Day........

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe how big Lawson is. I saw his picture and thought, "Well that's not Conner and Lawson isn't that old...oh my gosh it's Lawson!" He's totally adorable but he's all grown up. LOVED the Christmas jammies. And glad your Christmas Eve was nice, relaxing, and fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good thing Grandma was there so you could have a Christmas! That is a great idea and answer to questions that usually have the ambiguous answer of "Christmas magic".

    ReplyDelete