Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Mother of the Year!!!






So I am the mother of the year!! I went to work today to hand a number in and I had left some stuff from work the night before. I had the kids with so, well I put Connor back in his seat and told McKendry to climb into her chair when I walked around to buckle Kendry in she had locked all the doors and the car was not running!!!! Of course at that moment Connor starts to cry, I run back to the hospital (I was right outside the doors), I don't have my badge with me, it's in the car so I am pounding on the door like a crazy women for someone to open it. This guys walks by and gives me the funny look but opens the door. I run in and tell Chelsea and Kourtney that I had locked my kids in the car what should I do? Chelsea calls secruity and I run back out to my car. Connor is still crying, McKendry had gotten into my purse and was putting lip stuff on. I tell her to open the door, push the button anything to try and open the car. She is trying to help but is doing everything but what I want. She is getting a little scard because I am pounding on the window trying to keep her attention. Connor is getting worse and the poor guy is dripping with sweat. Also I am getting all kinds of suggestions from a couple of guys who are trying to help. One wants to break the back window open, one is telling me that I am going to get in trouble with the cop that is coming to open the door. Secruity couldn't do anything so they had to call a cop. McKendry had managed at this point to open the trunk, but that doesn't do any good because the car seats are bolted in and you can't get in that way. So like twenty seconds before the cop comes Kendry pushes the button on the keys that unlocks the door!! We hurry and get the kids out and into the hospital were it is cold. Chelsea wanted to take a picture of my kids locked in the car so I could post it on my blog but I don't want picture evidence of my being a bad mom. So needless to say everyone is healthy, happy and not locked in the car. Also, earlier today as we were talking my cousin to the bus stop McKendry trie to run in front of everyone and biffs it on the sidewalk. She was a pretty good scrap on her knee with all the crying and limping and the amount of bandaids that we have gone through you would think it was huge gash that needed stitches. Of course she has fallen a couple of times on her knee after she scraped it. She is crying right now as a matter of fact. All this happened before 12:30. We are having scouts and I am going to Chelsea's baby shower tonight so you never know what will happen next.

6 comments:

  1. Hey I dont know if it helps coming from me but I think that you are a great mother. I dont know how you handle everything especially when you were working nights clear until kenny was two and connor was born. I have to give you some mad props for that and to Josh to because now he with the kids a lot more and from what I can tell he does an awesome job. I say you both need to pat each other on the back. You two our great examples to me. And I love the story today, it made me laugh again just reading it. It would be quite the stressful situation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that I am not the only one with a crazy day. I just got back from Scouts a few minutes ago and well, two of our boys are now getting stitches as I am writing for cutting their toes really bad in the river!! One of these days Kaden will lock himself in the car, it just hasnt happened yet!! You are such a cute mom. Hope I can handle two like you!!
    Hope to see you soon!!
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh girl - you deserve a night out on the town without kids for surviving that morning!! Hope tomorrow goes a little smoother. This 2 kid thing is crazy, huh??!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a wonderful mom. Everyone with kids know that sometimes those days happen. The only downfall was that your bad day happened at work for all of your co-workers to witness. At least it gave everyone a good laugh later!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know that was a scary moment for you, but I couldn't help but laugh during the whole story! That is so something I would do too. You are a great mom! I'm glad every thing turned out fine in the end. It would be so scary because it is so hot here.

    I once ran out of gas during the summer time when Jack was a baby and I thought for sure I was the worst mom as we fried in the car waiting for my husband to come bail us out of trouble. We couldn't get out of the car because I of course ran out of gas on the freeway in Salt Lake right in the middle of the spagetti bowl where all the freeways merge. Cars were zooming by on both sides and I thought for sure we were going to die! Now that is a bad mom story!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a wonderful mom! That could've happened to anyone--and they turned out just fine--I was there to witness that!

    ReplyDelete