Seeing the finish line and hoping to make a last ditch effort to get a good time.
So today was the big Hurricane Half Marathon day. I was a little nervous because I haven't really been training all that hard. Also I was worried that the wind was going to blow like it did last weekend while I was running part of the course. I had to work on Fri night and so I didn't get to bed unitl 11! I woke up at 4:30 and was at the race by a little after 5. The buses loaded at 5:30 and the race was supposed to start at 6:30 but I think it started a little late. I started out running with Stephanie from work, she ran ahead of me a hundred or so yards until the top of the hill at the last water station and I yelled at her to wait for me. I'm glad she did or I don't think I would have made it as fast as I did. The last few miles were pretty hard and my legs were gettting really tired. I just wanted to finish the race in under two and a half hours and when I crossed the finish line I looked at the clock and it said 1:57! I was really excited because that is ten minutes faster then my fastest half marathon and I didn't train all that well. Josh, the kids and my sister Gentry were there at the end to cheer me on. Keith and Tonya and Steph's Josh and my friend Ashley were also there. I'm glad I did it but I am glad it's over. Now I have to train that much more and a lot better so I can make it through the marathon in Oct!
Way to go Jess! You are awesome. You are so ready for the marathon, that is a great time. You are definitely an inspiration!
ReplyDeleteThanks for mentioning me, that will be the last time I roll my butt out of bed at 7 am after I've worked all night and cheer you on!
ReplyDeleteBut really, I do admire your dedication to running and fitness! Way to go on the new record, you should be proud!
Jess you are such a athletic girl! You are so busy and make time to exercise. I think thats great! Take care!
ReplyDeleteGreat job Jess! it looks like it ended up not being windy after all. I wish I had your kind of motivation to go running!!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go! That is so exciting. My marathon is in 2 weeks. I'm so excited. After this, I am going to do a few half marathons for awhile.
ReplyDeleteCongrats. I am amazed by anyone who chooses to run. I wish I was in shape enough to do something physical at all.
ReplyDeleteYou are so awesome! I hate running, so anyone who can run long distances is cool in my eyes!!
ReplyDeleteWay to go and set a new record for yourself. Great job!
ReplyDeleteYou go girl! Glad you set a new record for yourself. Good luck in training for the st. George Marathon!
ReplyDelete