So this afternoon I turned on Kendry's favorite cartoon so she could watch it while I took a shower and shaved my legs. Connor had just gone down for a nap so I knew I had a good 2 and a half hours until he woke up. I was reading a book while taking a bath and then the phone rang and it was a neighbor asking if Kenny could come and play and go swimming in their little pool in their backyard. I said sure and yelled for Kendry to come in the bathroom so I could ask her if she wanted to go and play with Gabe. She came running in and she had hair that was falling off her head and I could tell that she had cut her hair. I just stared at her for a min and then I thought of the family pictures that we are having in a couple of weeks and the bangs that I have been having her grow out for months because I wanted her hair all one length and we were getting her hair cut later that day and it was almost all going to be the same length. Well I got tears in my eyes and put my hand over my face to regain some control and she just started freaking out and crying and asking me what was wrong and I told her it was because she had cut her hair but I hugged her and told her it was okay and that I wasn't mad at her I was mad at myself for leaving the stupid scissors out. We have left them out before with nothing like this ever happening before. I was also going to be the one who's kids never cut their own hair but that goal is literally butched. I was still in the tub and in no condition to really hold her so I had to calm her down and then finish shaving my legs. She wouldn't tell me where the scissors where at first cause she was scared then I told her we had to find them because I didn't want Con to find them and get hurt. She showed me where she had buried them under some toys and that's where I found all the hair that she had cut off. I also didn't realize at first how bad she had cut it. I thought it was just the bangs but then when she turned her head to the side and I saw that she had cut lots of her hair on the side of her head down to the scalp I wanted to pull my own hair out. It is going to take months to grow out. I told her she was going to have to wear lots of headbands and she asked me if she was going to have to wear them forever and I said yes at least until Christmas! These are a few pictures of her and it really is worse in person. But it is just hair and it will grown back. I just get to look like a bad mom for eight to nine months while it grows out. So moral of the story is LOCK YOUR SCISSORS UP!!
Okay that is so sad!!! Good thing she is so cute no matter what her hair looks like!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh and my blog address is familyoffun.blogspot.com
Jess, I'm so sorry! She is still so adorable, though. And I think you handled it so well!
ReplyDeleteWhen I was 4 I was getting ready for church and I found my Dad's razor. Goodbye bangs for a REALLY LONG time. I like to think it adds character!!
Hi Jess, Its Mandi Sperry. You and your family are so cute. I love to see you. Connor is getting so big. Kendry is just like you. Sorry about the hair cut. It will grow back. I can't wait to keep in touch with you. My blog is stefanofffamily.blogspot.com
ReplyDeleteJess, I can't beleive how mmuch hair she took off the side!! Holy cow!! The worst i have ever seen is when I worked in a salon and a little girl came in, she had gotten ahold of her dads electric razor and shaved her whole head, except for what was in the ponytail on the back of her head! The ONLY thing we could do is finish shaving the rest of her head! ---rob
ReplyDeletehahaha. I can't believe that Kenny cut her hair! that is hilarious!! that reminds me of when chase cut his hair or one of you guys' hair!! haha
ReplyDeleteHahaha sorry for laughing...but i had a similar experience with myself cutting my hair....i cut my all the way to the scalp worse than Kendry did when i was little and even on Mothers Day! So i just have to laugh. My mom said that she just put a cute hat on me or used the big thick hair bands to put around my head like most babies wear. It will grow back faster than you think. :)
ReplyDeleteWe better cancel family pictures until it grows back!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOSH! that is too funny. She must be trying to cool off for summer! Good thing she is cute enough that she doesn't need hair!
ReplyDeleteOh Jess, I dread the day that my little girls cut off their beautiful hair that has taken so long to grow out in the first place! Tis the season, my friends little girl just did the same thing last week....except hers is a complete mullet!! She is still darling, no worries...it will grow back! :)
ReplyDeleteI was so sad when I read that you started crying! Sweet Kenny for feeling bad about it. I am sorry this happened right before family pictures too! That is so typical.
ReplyDeleteLuckily Kenny's hair seems to grow really fast. If this happen to Elise, we would be set back a couple years. Her hair still hasn't grown in all the way on top!
Oh man! Well, at least if that ever happens to Connor, boys can shave their heads. I'm sure pictures will be just fine. So, looks like Uncle Kelly's just gonna have to suck it up.
ReplyDeleteoh I am so sorry maybe a really big flower clip can cover it up
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness - I am so sorry! It's true that it is just hair and will grow back, but still... I would probably cry too!
ReplyDeleteAlso, sorry I haven't called you back yet. We went to SLC and since then we have all been sick - horrible coughs, runny noses, sore throats, the works. I have totally lost my voice so I pretty much CAN'T talk on the phone right now! Maybe in a few days...
Maybe she just needed a little texturing?? It took Bree more than a year to grow hers back and then she did it again 2 more times after that. Good luck, she is still as cute as ever!
ReplyDeleteJess, I feel your pain. Abbi cut hers off to the scalp a couple of years ago. Oh well it does grow back, and I really think that so many kids do it that no one really thinks any less of you when it happens. consider it a rite of passage.
ReplyDeleteOh my gosh! Just another reason I'm glad I have boys!
ReplyDeleteOMG! Jess you are better than me, I would have beat her!! lol. I think I would still cry every time I saw her! I know that it's just hair, but it's girl hair! Oh man! You better just get rid of the scissors! She is for sure the best self mutilating hair dressers I have ever known and I did a number on myself back in the days! of course I was really into bangs! Can't wait to see you in a couple weeks! I hope we will get to see lots of you! I can't for the 4th!
ReplyDeleteShara
That is soooo sad. I would freak. I think that you handled the situation a lot better than I would have. You should earn points for that. Good luck with the re-growth.
ReplyDeleteHello miss 18 comments! I am totally dying about this post! I love the video--you've got to post it too!
ReplyDeleteJess, I feel for you! I would cry too if Kennady did that. Get lots of Summer hats:) I can't believe the irony of the family pics and almost having the bangs grown out...Kids, ya just gotta love them. She is still adorable!
ReplyDeletePS You've got my blog wrong on your links, it's therowley4
ReplyDeleteThat is hilarious Jess. Good thing she is such a cutie it doesn't even matter if she has that hair or not. I sure miss you. How's your running coming. You are looking incredible. You're so motivating, thanks for that. Love ya girl.
ReplyDeleteTam
Jess, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry when I read your blog. I just had this picture in my head of the whole situation going on and thought I really hope that doesn't ever happen to me. You handled the situation very well-just remember kenny is cute no matter what she does to her hair. Take care! Love ya-Steph
ReplyDeleteOh no! I am so sorry to hear of her hair! And right before pictures. I am sure everyone will look great.
ReplyDelete