Monday, January 19, 2009

The kids and I had a great weekend at my parents. I drove up Thursday and the second we got there Kenny was wanting to play the Wii. It's a good thing my dad was home and willing to play. I don't think Kenny ever beat him except for the times my dad let her but she bowled pretty darn good. She played Jordan and Gentry on Sunday and beat them. She bowled a 197! On Friday we went to Salem to watch Chase's basketball game. Before the game we went out to dinner with my Grandpa Mecham and Tiff and Justin. While we were eating I passed a plate of food over to Justin and a fork fell off onto the floor and when he went to grab it he fell over! He didn't spill the food but kept it nice and steady. Three little Japanese guys came running over to make sure he and the chair were all right. It was so funny and he got so embarassed. The game didn't go that great but it was fun to watch Chase play. Saturday we just hung out and we didn't change from our pj's all day. My friend Jenna came over and I was able to see her cute kids. Her little girls is so precious. I can't wait for Britt to have her baby and to have a new baby to hold. Her little boy Kaden loved my dad and thought that he was Jenna's dad and would call him Grandpa Rick. We played some fun games that night and I'm glad that Chase didn't go on a date with all his friends and stayed home with us. Sunday was Kara's farewell. She did a really good job and we are going to miss her a ton!

8 comments:

  1. It was a SUPER fun weekend! Hopefully next time everyone can come up. Your kids are the cutest! I love the background. I am jealous! I want a cute one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and don't worry, you can keep the so called "obligations" coming

    ReplyDelete
  3. So how disappointed are you that all three comments are from me????

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha well dearest jessica im glad i stayed home saturday too it was a nice day even though dad was quite ornery and having probably the worst luck ever ah but it made it that much sweeter to tease him ahah ahahahahahah although he will miss me some day..........well maybe who knows
    sincerly
    Chase Fred Mecham

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey girl, I finally made it to the world of blogging!!! Only cuz I'm starting a business making tutu skirts for little girls...your little one would love one and look so cute! And I see Britt is expecting a little girl, that's so awesome! The tutus are perfect baby shower gifts-to match their nursery so they can hang them on the wall! So spread the word for me and let me know how you are doing! I'm not working so we should all get together soon! Keep in touch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the new background--super cute. I love weekends like that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hate not having weekends like that! Whenever we come home it's rush here rush there or at least it feels so busy. And I never get to get everything done I want. Anyhoo... Hope the layout is worken for you...once it loaded right I thought it turned out cute! luv ya!

    shara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey dear,
    I'm glad you had a good weekend at your parents house-it's good to get away once in a while without the hubby! It brings ya closer I think. Thanks so much for changing my blog! It's so cute. Your kids are so cute and Connor is looking so much older. Hope all is well-talk to ya soon!

    ReplyDelete