Friday, August 21, 2009

Five For Friday

Alright I have to put something new on here so I don't have to stare at my face every time I look at my blog. I have seen this five for Friday thing on a couple of friends blogs and have decided I need to do it as well.

1. On August 12th my Uncle Eldon passed away. He lived in Oregon and I have only met him probably 5 times in my life. To put it mildly, he led a pretty rough life. He wasn't feeling that great so his wife took him to the ER and he ended up in ICU with heart failure, double pneumonia, blot clot in his kidney's, cirrhosis of the liver, 6 of the 7 staph infections, Hep B and a perforated bowel. They had to do surgery to repair the bowel and didn't expect him to make it through the surgery and he didn't. My dad was able to drive up to Oregon with his brother, two sisters and dad to go and see him while he was still alive. While my dad was up there he just had a feeling that he wouldn't see his brother alive again. It has been pretty rough for him because this is his 3rd brother to die and he has lost his mom. I hope my Grandma Mecham and straighten him out up in heaven!

2. While we were at my parents house and I was getting the kids ready for bed we were in the bathroom brushing teeth and all that. Well I had just told Kenny to go the bathroom and Connor was standing my the toilet because he likes to flush it. I didn't think to much about it until I had Kenny sitting on the sink brushing her teeth and I see Connor sticking his finger in the toilet and putting it in his mouth (before flushing it)! I yelled "Connor, No we don't stick our fingers in the toilet" and he says "Why Not?" That is his favorite question right now. I thought kids didn't ask "Why?" until they were 3. Needless to say he got a good teeth brushing!!

3. My Grandpa Riding is in the hospital again. He is 82 and has diabetes and kidney failure and is on dialysis so he isn't the most healthy of guys. He is retaining more and more fluid and the at home dialysis isn't working anymore so he will have to be taken to Provo 3 times a week for more intense dialysis. He also has a pretty terrible sore on his left foot and it was questionable whether he would get to keep that foot. He has already had his right leg from the knee down amputated. I love my Grandpa so much and I don't want him to pass away but I also don't want him to have to suffer through a bunch of little things and have to be in more pain and just waste away. I guess it isn't up to me and I will just have to keep praying for him and take advantage of the opportunities I do have of getting to spend time with him and talk to him on the phone.

4. I am really getting fired up to start home improvement projects. We bought our house brand new so we really don't have anything to fix but I have not been that good at decorating our space. It's more of a house then a home if you get what I mean. I did start with painting Kendry's room but then ran out of gas but now the tank is full and I am ready to go. My SIL Steph turned me on to this great blog that I have got alot of ideas from. I will have to post pictures as I go. I do need to concentrate on getting that desk done first!

5. Right now I am pretty tired! I got up at 4am so I could ride a bike by Shelly while she ran 13miles. Josh thought I was crazy but the girl needed to run and she is training for the marathon and since I have been there done that then I was totally there for her. Mel came as well and it was nice to be out on the road without anyone around! A little scary when a bat flew at our heads and kinda nice to get sprayed by the field sprinklers. Not much I wouldn't do for my friends!

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jess I love reading your posts!! That's sad about your uncle and grandpa, I feel the same about him I don't want him to go but I don't like seeing him wasting away. And YES I'm so excited for Gen!! whoot whoo!!! Yeah! You guys will have to keep me updated on anything I can do to help, plan, or just come down for!! Oh yeah and my mom and I were talking and I realized how badly I want to play volleyball, it's been so long, but anyways she said I should let you guys know I'm interested in playing in your guys's moab tournaments or anything you play for that matter!! Let me know love you, can't wait to hear the birthday message!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry about your uncle and especially your grandpa. Funny story about Connor though. Boys and toilets..I don't know what to say but I am there with you. Get some rest and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personally, I like the paint-face picture!! I guess you are not running the marathon this year but you can bike it!! It was fun catching up with you and reading your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your peanut butter cookies are awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete